No announcement yet.

Miami FL people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, i heard that braman mini is having a aniversary party at palm beach international raceway this sunday. its for mini's and bmw's. its from 9 am to 4 pm. i heard they rented the whole place out. so road racing, drag racing and the gokarts too. they are meeting up at braman bmw mini in west palm at 7:30 am and then heading up to the track.

Comment

I'll be there on Saturday. Definately not heading back on Sunday. I'll probably grab a buddy and hit up Gordon's open house or do something chill and not sit outside in the sun burning any more than I already will tomorrow. :p
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

whats happening there tomorrow?

Comment

EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by capucastro View Post
            Hey guys! I just came back from a loooong trip. My phone's dead BTW.
            What's up!
            I will be posting a lot of E30 stuff, Euro stuff for sale!
            Dibs on the Mtech spoiler.. :D

Still have my number? Call me.
            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              Ok I have spammed enough about my new school but here ya go....

Welcome to the classroom!
              Open for business Monday!

that place is unreal.. i'm not sure i studied the right thing
              No more e30s for me.
              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
              91 BMW 325i [sold]
              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Luis,

I did not go to college (2 years) nor did I invest more than I have in my car for this latest project. I take risks and talk to people that make things happen. For people to say they cant do it or move up is really poop. I have now done something this big 3 times so far. Its learning from failing and correcting mistakes so it will never happen again.

Thanks and hope you were able to get your parts!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^ yes i was thank you. i replaced the CSB at 5am the day of!

its great that you're making that happen.. and so well! props to you, it really does looks great. Now, what i said i meant in the sense that it looks interesting and fun as hell, but not really doubting what i studied. i do engineering on hydrogen fuel cells. My Co (of 23ppl) built our first FC/battery hybrid last year. My job rivals my hobby at times ; /
                  No more e30s for me.
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

I would like to take a tour of that sometime!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Build the first hydrogen drift car Luis!!! :D

You know how many sponsors would flock to your project? :p

Feedback Thread

Comment

That would be huge...really! Advertisement up the ass! I bet you and your family could retire off that venture! IF you did not go broke first!

Comment

That would be huge...really! Advertisement up the ass! I bet you and your family could retire off that venture! IF you did not go broke first!
                          Just to give you an idea, Nissan sold a brand spanking new Altima for $1 to Braille Batteries to build their hybrid time attack car.

BMW's pioneering in hydrogen research. Imagine what you might get :)

- Erick

Feedback Thread

Comment

^^ year so i heard.. i remember it mentioned when blake got kiked out a nopi event for being...blake

BMW is doing hydrogen internal combustion though. A fuel cell is different.. this nifty thing basically splits the hydrogen into proton and electron. The electron creates a current and the proton goes across a proton exchange membrane. On the other side of this membrane. They meet again with oxygen to create H2O as your ‘exhaust’. Sadly, our car is a scion Xb that was chosen for its interior room and weight. It does have 150kW motor (200hp) and it hauls for a 2700lb car + 600lb in batteries + 220 lb FC system (tank, FC, electronics etc)

A drift car….oh man, maybe if it was only battery powered. Just the fuel cell stack alone costs about 80k in materials. The tank is another 10k and don’t get me started on batteries, piping, valves, software, electronics, blowers etc etc etc..labor ~ 250k easy. The other thing is that our automotive system is low powered with a decent battery power storage. That way the fuel cell serves as a range extender rather than your main power supply.. it’s a 220mile plug-in hybrid in that sense. We do have the only 5000psi fueling station in south florida which I designed and mostly built myself. Its getting permitted these days ; /
                            No more e30s for me.
                            91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

I would like to take a tour of that sometime!
                              seriously not kidding about this. If its not like top secret and stuff. That's simply amazing stuff you do!

Comment

no prob. next time you plan to be in WPB let me know. I'll walk the place with you and explain to you why we do this even though it is by no means economically viable anytime soon. The only problem is pictures... for some reason corporate has limits on demonstrations which sucks because it interferes with PR and gov't funding. Funny enough, our FC car is in DC and i don't think i'm allowed to say where, but we'll get it back in a week or so as we have a brand spanking new fuel cell on a test stand waiting for it!
                                No more e30s for me.
                                91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Working...
                                X