No announcement yet.

Miami FL people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a front brillantrot front plastic bumper locally? Need one. Thanks.
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Yeah man, Gary is real good peoples, just lives too far away to hang out lol. Oh yeah, his car is nice too.
      yes he is, and yes it is. met up with him today talked about our cars and different ideas. any meets closer to wpb? id be willing to drive the ocasional to miami.

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
        Anyone have a front brillantrot front plastic bumper locally? Need one. Thanks.
        I have a black plastic bumper if your interested. Send me a pm.
        Originally posted by 'e30love' View Post
        any meets closer to wpb? id be willing to drive the ocasional to miami.
        I host a meet Tuesday nights in ft lauderdale.

Comment

Thanks guys. It is truly a blessing to have bro's who appreciate the E30 lifestyle. I am looking forward to the meet this weekend. Hold it down.......................G.

Comment

Hey guys. We are finally tapping into the Motronic ECU's for custom tuning! Got the portable wideband setup complete, as well as chip emulation so we can take full advantage of engine modifications :D

john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Got the 87 running again:D When I get it insured (which will be soon hopefully) Ill drive up to some of your meets finally!

Silence, you wanna help me mod my plastic bumper to fit my 87? Tips with fiberglass and such? Maybe when I get it driveable I could take it over

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Fiberglass won't stick to plastic, you have to use 3m bumper repair epoxy.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

So basicaly I jsut cut out a middle side section of the bumper until it fits, then epoxy it back together with some plastic on the unside for support?

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

-Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                      "Lay 2-3 layers of fiberglass in the back"

I read that multiple times, but the above quote combined with FF's previous post confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                        "Lay 2-3 layers of fiberglass in the back"

I read that multiple times, but the above quote combined with FF's previous post confused me.
                        Well, we don't know what that car looked like 6 months later. Resin is hard and brittle, the 3m is as flexible as the bumpers, moldings, etc. With the mesh on the back and the resin being hard/brittle, it will bend backwards after some temp cycles and crack. Do the same things as the article, just replace the resin with 3m. I used it to repair my valence and it's perfect after at least a year, I have seen plastic/fiberglass combos that didn't last 3months after paint before cracking.
                        Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-24-2010, 07:34 PM.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

Well, we don't know what that car looked like 6 months later. Resin is hard and brittle, the 3m is as flexible as the bumpers, moldings, etc. With the mesh on the back and the resin being hard/brittle, it will bend backwards after some temp cycles and crack. Do the same things as the article, just replace the resin with 3m. I used it to repair my valence and it's perfect after at least a year, I have seen plastic/fiberglass combos that didn't last 3months after paint before cracking.
                          perfect, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                            Silence, you wanna help me mod my plastic bumper to fit my 87? Tips with fiberglass and such? Maybe when I get it driveable I could take it over
                            It looks like John is leading you in the right direction:)
                            We'd love to meet you at the meet.

Comment

I am in for th meet this Sat. Do we have an update on the info for that date, from time and exact location?
                              Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                              BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

guys, I wont be able to make it this Saturday...It is my grandma's 95th birthday and we are having some family over. I hope you guys have fun and hopefully soon I will be able to make it to one of the meets..
                                I am still saving $$$ to purchase another one.. ;-)
                                Rolando
                                My73bimmer
                                Deerfield bch, Florida
                                1992 BMW 325i Convertible - (sold)
                                2006 Mini Cooper S
                                1973 BMW 2002tii (Sold) , 1988 M3 (Sold),

Comment

Working...
                                X