• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
      I will bring beer and a lawn chair....
      Sounds good, I dont think you will have a problem with the rear bearings. They last a long time after they start making noise. However putting it through the dragon might not be the smartest idea.

So how about this, If you really want to go but cant put in the bearings that soon. Bring the replacements and ill bring the Tools just in case. And Skafrog will supply the beer and seating as originally proposed :D
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
        Sounds good, I dont think you will have a problem with the rear bearings. They last a long time after they start making noise. However putting it through the dragon might not be the smartest idea.

So how about this, If you really want to go but cant put in the bearings that soon. Bring the replacements and ill bring the Tools just in case. And Skafrog will supply the beer and seating as originally proposed :D

Now if someone will just bring the tacos !!! haha(Robert)

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
          I really want to go, and I really want to drive the e30. I don't think I can get the rear bearings done since I don't have the special tool. If you think the bearings will be ok then I'll bring it anyway, and if they fail, I'm sure a crowd of e30 guys can figure out how to help me!

If anyone is local with the tool and has time this Saturday I could pay about $100 to help me replace them.
          Last edited by trashcop 80s 80s; 10-18-2007, 07:44 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

you don't need the tool, it's best to replace them right after they start making noise as they will come out easier. I did both my rear ones recently. I pounded out the old ones, threw the new ones in the freezer for a day, heated the trailing arms and dropped them right in.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Somsone bring something to help me change my axles :(

I have both axle gently used ready to go in :(

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                Somsone bring something to help me change my axles :(

I have both axle gently used ready to go in :(
                It's actually really easy. You need an 8mm (i think) hex on the differential side, a large (32mm i think) socket to remove the nut on the wheel side. Snap ring pliers, and hit the wheel end with a bar and they are out.
                sigpic

Comment

Won't I need air?

I don't have air nor a 32mm :(

Anyone confirm his sizes and if I need air?

I am excited for the rally though :)

Comment

You'll need air or a big breaker bar. I'd have to double check the size of that nut
                    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and say I can't make it so if I do come, then surprise buttsechs!

Comment

Originally posted by e30prideTN View Post
                        I'm going to go ahead and say I can't make it so if I do come, then surprise buttsechs!
                        Surprise buttsechs! Whoohoo!

Looks like Tara is going to be the only girl at the raly this time.

What's up with your car this time?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                          Surprise buttsechs! Whoohoo!

Looks like Tara is going to be the only girl at the raly this time.

What's up with your car this time?
                          If I do get to make it, it'll be Saturday. I'm just not sure how she'll act on such a long drive. First I have to get my fuel problem sorted out. Going to check the AFM this weekend and possibly switch the m20 to the m30 afm. It's getting tons of fuel; the meter just sits in red, along with the rotten egg smell. Other than that, it's just an oil leak.

Mainly it's money that is restricting me from going. I was thinking about moving that weekend, but maybe I will put it off so I can come. I'll only be able to make it if my brother is able to go.

Comment

I am in Time Out on bimmerforums...

Steve wanna post this up in the GA section and TN and NC and SC and the Southeast forums? Or anyone? Or post it up on e30tech?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                              I am in Time Out on bimmerforums...

Steve wanna post this up in the GA section and TN and NC and SC and the Southeast forums? Or anyone? Or post it up on e30tech?

Time out huh ?

It is on bimmerforums I believe. At least Steve said he was going to put it there, but I will double check and bump it or create it if needed.....

Comment

Thanks...

Yah I told someone he was fucking stupid for buying 2 piece OE sized rotors on an e36 m3... he was complaining he didn't have adequate stopping power so he upgraded his rotors at the tune of 1200 dollars for 4 rotors...

Comment

Working...
                                X