Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty weird! rained hard yesterday and was gorgeous today!
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

All the wind kinda bummed me out since a lot of the turned leaves were already blown down.
      Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

Hit up the log cabin yesterday in Macedon, anyone nearby? It was a terrible turnout this time.. it's starting to get cold I suppose.

My Transaction Feedback
        My "build" thread
        BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Here's hoping for snow to hold off and then dummmmmp like a mofo so I can hit some slopes
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

hell as a socal native, I'm diggin' the weather! Means I have more time to drive the E30 b4 I need to garage it for the winter!
            '91 325i

Comment

Did any of you more eastern guys get over to the BMW display in Saratoga?
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

I was there, I think I told you that via text.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'm lookin for pics! Considering I was still drunk till around 1pm from the wedding I was in NO condition to travel let alone thoroughly enjoy the exhibit.

Get any selfies with Blunt?
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

I'll be going up there later this week to check out the museum exhibits. Missed the meet up, though.

Also anyone in the Albany area know of any empty lots or deserted areas/roads I can practice autox at? I have the cones and the desire, but I don't know of any place I can safely practice.
                    '91 325i

Comment

How about you go to local SCCA events?

Find your region, and attend events.

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        How about you go to local SCCA events?

Find your region, and attend events.
                        http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44660&r=ne
                        Went to the last two events, but the season is over now :/

Also it's pretty hard for me to get better if I only do it like twice a month.
                        '91 325i

Comment

How many runs were you able to tun in your events? The last one I attended a few years ago only had us going 3 times in a sub 50 second course. It really was a blast but honestly being there all day you'd think there'd be more seat time.

Look for closed car dealerships, schools, empty retail spaces, and the like. I'm sure there has to be something like that around. This is upstate NY for god's sake! Don't expect a welcome reception by any police. The fact that you have cones set up might work in your favor as I can't see them calling that reckless driving!
                          Swanny!
                          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                            How many runs were you able to tun in your events? The last one I attended a few years ago only had us going 3 times in a sub 50 second course. It really was a blast but honestly being there all day you'd think there'd be more seat time.

Look for closed car dealerships, schools, empty retail spaces, and the like. I'm sure there has to be something like that around. This is upstate NY for god's sake! Don't expect a welcome reception by any police. The fact that you have cones set up might work in your favor as I can't see them calling that reckless driving!
                            Did 4 runs in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. First time I went I started at a 46 something and worked my way down to 38.6 and could still feel where I was losing time.

I'm a little out of my element here lol! In socal there was an abundance of purely industrial areas that would be deserted at night and no nosy neighbors to call the cops on me. Here everything is a bit spread out.

There's way more quiet windy roads to go for a nice spirited drive, but I just don't feel safe pushing the limits due to other cars/animals etc.

I'll try to see if there's any places like the ones you mentioned, though.
                            '91 325i

Comment

So how did you end up in Albany from SoCal anyway?
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                                So how did you end up in Albany from SoCal anyway?
                                Going to school here at RPI. They gave me more money than UC San Diego did and I kinda wanted to get away from home and go to a smaller school.

I don't have many regrets which is nice: I genuinely like things up here, it's just annoying that you can't really drive nice cars year-round like we do in socal.
                                '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X