Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Making it ok to steal?
    No certainly not, simply pointing out that small seemingly insignificant expenses can add up quick.

At least in my life, if I took the "It's only a couple bucks, why sweat it" attitude frequently I wouldn't be able to take care of my E30..

That being said, I personally I wouldn't be too upset if this guy found a free copy somewhere, you have to consider that usually a very small percent of the cost will actually make it's way to the author. Not morally right, but if I had a copy I'd probably share it with him...

Comment

...meaning, it's ok to steal.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        ...meaning, it's ok to steal.

t
        now can we talk about the $300 E30 chips??!?!?! lol

Comment

I believe the OP's intent was to find a digital, searchable copy of the book.. not to get out of spending $10.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Mk7 E30 View Post
            Does anyone have the pdf files to this? It would be awesome if I can get a copy, Thanks.

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            I believe the OP's intent was to find a digital, searchable copy of the book.. not to get out of spending $10.
            Nope, seems like he was asking us for it.

There is no .pdf, I looked because I did not want Adobe Digital.

Going to the publisher's site makes it clear they don't offer a .pdf version as well as a google search.

To be able to access it on another device I had to create an Adobe Digital account (initially I said no I don't want an account, then I had to create it to get it to open on another device) and install the app/sign in.

The publisher is not playing around with getting paid.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I mean, what's the difference if you buy a book and let your buddy read it after your done, or sending a guy a pdf of something you bought.

But I see where you guys are coming from, this is some noob trying to save a couple bucks.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

A book is a single item, you can loan it out one person at a time. A digital file can be copied until the end of time.

Look at MarkD & his chips.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

For me it boils down to supporting people who contribute to our little niche community. I own both the Bentley manual and a free digital copy I found. Did I need to buy the book? Well no, but I like supporting anyone that helps us out.
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

^Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                      $20 is nothing, but people are strange about what they spend money on. Like my roommate thinks its a waste of money that I pay for Spotify, but every morning he walks out of his room, walks past my coffee machine, gets into his car, passes 2 7-11's, and drives to Starbucks and then drives back.
                      That is strange. Starbucks suck.

Anyway, is this guide worth purchasing? What's in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                        That is strange. Starbucks suck.

Anyway, is this guide worth purchasing? What's in it?
                        From what I saw on Google Books it's really nothing special, and all of the information is already available here on r3v if one is willing to search/read.

It would probably be good for a newbie as a general primer of course.

Comment

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't buy it. But for someone just starting out it would probably save them a few hours of searching for info, which at $20, is probably worth it.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                            For me it boils down to supporting people who contribute to our little niche community. I own both the Bentley manual and a free digital copy I found. Did I need to buy the book? Well no, but I like supporting anyone that helps us out.
                            Well put.

In this particular case, r3v had a hand in this book. Look back to here....

The book is designed to be an introduction to modifying E30's for new owners. It isn't extremely detailed, but helps get the noob-ish guys get up to speed.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

It's ten bucks on Google play if you have that.

Comment

Working...
                              X