340i V8 E30 on Jalopnik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    did someone really pay to reupholster comforts....what...
    Different strokes I guess
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      did someone really pay to reupholster comforts....what...
      Personally I like comfort seats. They are comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by abrokenframe View Post
        Personally I like comfort seats. They are comfortable.
        Ba Dum Tss
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Ba Dum Tss
          Meh, I like Sport seats, they are sporty
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

See, I was always a bench seat fan. So much easier to have your date slide up next to you with a bench seat..

Bench seats, no belts and drum brakes - ahh, the good old days of street racing.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Really though. I never understood why people shit on the comfort seats. They're really not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by abrokenframe View Post
                Really though. I never understood why people shit on the comfort seats. They're really not that bad.
                Most E30 people are into 'sporty' driving...the comfort seats don't really fit the bill.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

The two things that grab my attention looking at the underside are that hanging oil pan & how restrictive is that exhaust?

Not a fan of the bottlecaps (never have been) and then why did someone put all that money & effort out and sell it?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

The exhaust looks horrible. Kinked bends? Come on.

Open diff...

Keeps bottlecaps because sleeper, puts 340 badge on the back...

Hopefully for the buyer it's legit.
                    1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

But its sooooooooo OEM guise! Exactly how BMW would have built it (rolls eyes)

Comment

Lot of haters. To be expected.

I like it. And I understand. It's not a fire breathing track weapon and with the 2.93? Gearing it would be quite manageable with those tyres and open diff.

The only thing I personally would change is put the vacuum booster back in for the brakes. I think in a car that is definately a cruiser than a track king having uber hard brakes would be annoying. But i guess the booster doesnt fit with that v8.

Comment

With the 2.93 and the 5 speed, it probably *IS* a fire breathing track weapon... WAY more torque than an S52.

A vacuum booster doesn't fit, but a hydroboost, particularly the style from the E23, can fit with a V8.

Comment

No hate here. I love a proper e30 v8 (read bmw v8), but I just don't fully appreciate all of the hype with this one. It bothers me a bit that the swap was done almost the easiest way possible and yet gets so much credit for being "done properly" and "very OEM" or "how BMW would have done it" etc.

Comment

Yeah... did he mod the oil pan to lower the engine? What's his driveline alignment like?

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                                The swap was done almost the easiest way possible and yet gets so much credit for being "done properly" and "very OEM" or "how BMW would have done it" etc.
                                As much as I like the sleeper aspect of it, it's definitely not how BMW would have done it... if it had been factory, it would either have either been 5-stud like the M3 with the e34 540i brakes or at least had the 296mm brakes from Alpina. It would have had hydroboost, and they would have modded the sump to suit the chassis. It also would have been an iS, so either the iS kit, or M-tech 2, sport seats and minimum 15 inch basket weaves (or the 16 inch wheels from the M3, or Alpina like the 333i), and so on.

From the factory, it would have been much more of a parts bin special rather than a stock eta with a V8 thrown into it.
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X