Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Iirc after like 85 they moved the fuel filter to the rear of the car. My 89 and 91 both have it in the back but my 84 is in the bay under the booster
    Well, there you go. Just another weird 84 only thing
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Changed the front swaybar links. They were pretty bad, so I'm glad they were done. I didn't get to the rear but I'm sure those need to be done too

The front control arm bushings are busted so I'm trying to decide if the M3 rubber or some poly. I'm trying to avoid major stiffness but I don't think these are the ones that transmit NVH into the cabin. Thoughts?
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Do you mean the lolipops? I have had the Treehouse (now Garagistic Treehouselike) and like them alot.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yup the lollipops
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I didn't like poly control arm bushings on my E36 M3. They had to be regularly lubricated, that bushing location is pretty exposed. They were a god send to install though.

I went back to rubber on my E36 M3, and used the same rubber M3 bushings on my touring.

Comment

I had the Treehouse on the red '90 for 15k no issues. The Garagistic version has been on the '92 for 1k so far.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Drove it up in the canyons today with my buddy (Mustang) and my brother 190e-16v. Damn auto doesn't know what downshifting is. I had it at WOT the whole time lol.

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Car is looking great man. The only feed back I get from poly CAB's is going over road reflectors and small bumps.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Damn auto doesn't know what downshifting is. I had it at WOT the whole time lol.
                    I feel your pain. My '88 has an "S" feature that locks out overdrive and seemingly helps hold the gears a little longer.

As for FLCAB I went with OEM E36 M3 bushings in new Lemforder lollipops and have been very happy. I almost went with the E30 offset bushings for more caster which also would have been a good choice.

I'm with you, I just wanted an increase in rigidity, but no decrease in comfort and subsequently no increase in NVH.
                    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

I'm down to help prep :)

On a side note for CAB's or motor mounts, been reading more and more about poly-filling gaps. Less NVH than full poly/solid while still retaining semi-OEM. I was thinking about messing around and trying it on a set of motor mounts.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Your cirrusblau looks better than mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just sunburn. Put some aloe on it and make him wear a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

The front control arm bushings are busted so I'm trying to decide if the M3 rubber or some poly. I'm trying to avoid major stiffness but I don't think these are the ones that transmit NVH into the cabin. Thoughts?

I just decided to go e36m3 CABs because I read that they're harder solid rubber (not offset) than e30 ones but aren't as harsh as poly. Install coming soon so I'll keep you posted. Expecting them to crisp things up just an extra bit more without being too gnarly as poly can be on rougher roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Highly recommend M3 offset rubber CABs. I don't think you're going to gain anything from going poly. I've used quite a few sets of these with great luck:

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                                I feel your pain. My '88 has an "S" feature that locks out overdrive and seemingly helps hold the gears a little longer.

As for FLCAB I went with OEM E36 M3 bushings in new Lemforder lollipops and have been very happy. I almost went with the E30 offset bushings for more caster which also would have been a good choice.

I'm with you, I just wanted an increase in rigidity, but no decrease in comfort and subsequently no increase in NVH.
                                Tell me more about this "S" feature!

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                                I'm down to help prep :)

On a side note for CAB's or motor mounts, been reading more and more about poly-filling gaps. Less NVH than full poly/solid while still retaining semi-OEM. I was thinking about messing around and trying it on a set of motor mounts.
                                Originally posted by E30335i View Post
                                Your cirrusblau looks better than mine!
                                Yours looks pretty good! Cant wait to get this thing resprayed back to the OEM color, but theres a few things to deal with first. Im sure mine was a LOT worse than that which brought on the (sh!tty) repaint

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                                I just decided to go e36m3 CABs because I read that they're harder solid rubber (not offset) than e30 ones but aren't as harsh as poly. Install coming soon so I'll keep you posted. Expecting them to crisp things up just an extra bit more without being too gnarly as poly can be on rougher roads.
                                Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                Highly recommend M3 offset rubber CABs. I don't think you're going to gain anything from going poly. I've used quite a few sets of these with great luck:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-OFFSET...RXqz54&vxp=mtr
                                Yea I think at this point, its going to be solid rubber, just cant decide the E36 M3, which I believe is solid, but centered, or E30 M3 which is solid and offset.

@Daniel, On my first E30, the red 86-ES, I was using all rubber for everything and it rode awesome. What I did on the rear subframe mounts was to fill the voids in with 3M window weld, and it made them solid rubber as well. Its a trick from my VW racing days. I will likely do the same when I get to the rear bushings.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X