No announcement yet.

1985 323i, 162 miles, $82,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely original car. Original 5,5x14 ALPINA style steel wheels with 1985 Pirelli 195/65/14 tires. Not 5x14 steel wheels with 175/70/14s as the 316 has. It's not an Mtech car, so that's why there's black mirrors, spoilers and other things. Last 323i were produced in 1986 and that wacuum line is not blue, it's black with blue stripe and that means it's original. Everything in the car is just as it should, when it comes out of the factory. Besides, the car probably has the best M20 engine ever. I can't understand the enormous disagreement here. It's cool when you do not whine when there is no air conditioning, electric windows, cupholders, front armrests, and other such flyouts.

OK, that price is far too high. I think that's 40k€ too much.
    Last edited by MukeM3; 10-15-2017, 08:30 PM.
    M3 Sport Evolution 1990
    M3 215hp 1990
    318i 1988

My restoration project: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=399373

Comment

Originally posted by MukeM3 View Post
      Extremely original car. Original 5,5x14 ALPINA style steel wheels with 1985 Pirelli 195/65/14 tires. Not 5x14 steel wheels with 175/70/14s as the 316 has.
      Those look exactly like the "Alpina" steel wheels on my e30 currently. They are hiding behind a set of e30 stock hub caps and mounted with a set of Michelin's in 195/65/14 with a date code of 2003.

If you want, I'll sell em to you for a paltry $5,000.
      ;D
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by MukeM3 View Post
        Extremely original car. Original 5,5x14 ALPINA style steel wheels with 1985 Pirelli 195/65/14 tires. Not 5x14 steel wheels with 175/70/14s as the 316 has. It's not an Mtech car, so that's why there's black mirrors, spoilers and other things. Last 323i were produced in 1986 and that wacuum line is not blue, it's black with blue stripe and that means it's original. Everything in the car is just as it should, when it comes out of the factory. Besides, the car probably has the best M20 engine ever. I can't understand the enormous disagreement here. It's cool when you do not whine when there is no air conditioning, electric windows, cupholders, front armrests, and other such flyouts.

OK, that price is far too high. I think that's 40k€ too much.
        the problem at that price, condition, and miles - the only thing it's good for is a museum piece. You wouldn't drive it anyway, so the engine makes no difference. If I'm just going to stare at it in my garage it'd better at least have an Mtech kit. :p
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I hate to thinking what's going to leak he first time you fire it up. As has been stated many times before, mileage isn't the only thing that wears stuff out - over time, seals dry out, gaskets get brittle and hard, hoses get dry and crack..etc. So again, it's going to just be a conversation piece.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Wow, the poster child for Garage Rot. The real value is it's lack of miles, so you don't get to drive it unless you want the value to go away. This is just an archeological find, like finding a 2000 year old gold cup, no one is ever going to use it to drink out of again unless they want to risk hurting the value. The only thing crazier than owning a Ferrari Enzo and never driving it is having something as pedestrian as a brand new 323i sitting in your garage and never driving it.

Comment

I'm one of the biggest E30 fans there is but even I think it's a waste. It's a museum piece so you don't want to drive it much but then again, it's not that special of a car either to just watch sitting. This is the type of car that just gets trailered to shows. People look at it, admire it for a bit and move on. I'm really curious what it actually sells for because I wouldn't even pay $30k for it.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

My opinion can be summed up in one word: Meh.

Like you've all said, it's a nothing car somebody bought and never drove for some reason. Not interesting enough to look at, not special enough to keep pristine. It's bad enough actually important cars are doomed to stationary duty; let's not move that down to cars like this.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

For all the people who call sport seats "recaros"....THOSE are actual e30 recaros.
                  Current:
                  1989 325i
                  1988 M3
                  1987 325ic
                  Past:
                  2001 330ci
                  2001 M3

Comment

IMO the ideal buyer for that would be someone like BMW, or similar, who would want a preserved model for their museum. It's kinda pointless otherwise.

Comment

I'm not sure even BMW would pay that price.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

What a crack pipe price.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Lots of hate. But damn the 323i in general is massively underrated. 80% of 325i performance for a fraction of the price. In Australia anyway.

Id love that car. But sadly it probbaly belongs in a museum. And what kind of museum has 82 grand to spare!
                          Last edited by e30davie; 10-18-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I'd say more like $50k, but that's just me. If it was between a brand new car or this... Well, I'd have a new old e30

Of course, then, it would probably be installed in my living room.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                              Lots of hate. But damn the 323i in general is massively underrated. 80% of 325i performance for a fraction of the price. In Australia anyway.

Id love that car. But sadly it probbaly belongs in a museum. And what kind of museum has 82 grand to spare!
                              it's not hate. It's just pointless. If you use it for what it's meant for, then whatever value has it will plummet.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Meh, not interesting to me. The cars that interest me the most are the ones with 500k+ miles that still look like someone gave a shit about it over the years.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X