need help with turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with turbo build

hello I have a 1987 325ic I would like to turbo. I need some help on what I will need.
    so far i made a list and what like to know what else i need so i have:
    ms pnp ecu
    intercooler
    turbo manifold
    not sure what turbo to get for over 400hp
    arp headstuds
    bov
    oil return and feed lines
    headgasket
    performance coil pack
    performance pluugs and wires
    fuel pump
    electric fan
    injectors

so i would like to know what im missing
    thank you
    '87 325ic
    '91 318is (first car) sold
    '99 m3 (sold)
    '84 porsche 944 (sold)
    '01 subaru legacy wagon

I don't know man. Rather than making a list, try to research turbo systems and understand how they are put together and work. Find out what part does what and why. Then, choose what suits your needs. Research faults and issues turboing m20's.
    Find out what you might want to do as preventative maint. for 400hp. I see nothing in your list that concerns the head or block. You're not going to need a list after doing all that - you'll just know. E30tech has a lot of good info. Good luck.
    One thing you do need though is money, patience, and time.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      I don't know man. Rather than making a list, try to research turbo systems and understand how they are put together and work. Find out what part does what and why. Then, choose what suits your needs. Research faults and issues turboing m20's.
      Find out what you might want to do as preventative maint. for 400hp. I see nothing in your list that concerns the head or block. You're not going to need a list after doing all that - you'll just know. E30tech has a lot of good info. Good luck.
      Ive got the money the time and the patience. Ive been reading turbo builds for the past 6 months now and this is what ive seen on all. I would like to just know what else I would be missing
      '87 325ic
      '99 m3 (sold)
      '84 porsche 944 (sold)
      '01 subaru legacy wagon

Comment

Originally posted by zaxxe30 View Post
        hello I have a 1987 325ic I would like to turbo. I need some help on what I will need.
        so far i made a list and what like to know what else i need so i have:
        ms pnp ecu
        intercooler
        turbo manifold
        not sure what turbo to get for over 400hp
        arp headstuds
        bov
        oil return and feed lines
        headgasket
        performance coil pack
        performance pluugs and wires
        fuel pump
        electric fan
        injectors

so i would like to know what im missing
        thank you
        IC piping and couplers
        intake boot
        wastegate
        wideband oxygen sensor
        gauges and senders
        exhaust/downpipe
        oil catch can/ ccv
        possible oil filter relocation/ oil feed adapter plate
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          IC piping and couplers
          intake boot
          wastegate
          wideband oxygen sensor
          gauges and senders
          exhaust/downpipe
          oil catch can/ ccv
          possible oil filter relocation/ oil feed adapter plate
          where can I get the intake boot from?
          '87 325ic
          '99 m3 (sold)
          '84 porsche 944 (sold)
          '01 subaru legacy wagon

Comment

BMW performance chips tuned by Miller Performance. Home of the BEST BMW chip, the WAR Chip, Miller Performance is one of North America's leading BMW performance tuners offering a line of software, BMW turbo and BMW supercharger kits. Call us toll free 855 269 8863

Check this out...

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Thank you. I have also found this turbo kit that gets about 210hp without upgrading the fueling system or the engine management. What I would like to know is if a wideband sensor is needed and if you can find me a link on how to install it because I dont know how to the turbo kit is here:

'87 325ic
              '99 m3 (sold)
              '84 porsche 944 (sold)
              '01 subaru legacy wagon

Comment

Thank you. I have also found this turbo kit that gets about 210hp without upgrading the fueling system or the engine management. What I would like to know is if a wideband sensor is needed and if you can find me a link on how to install it because I dont know how to the turbo kit is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-84-...14aba8&vxp=mtr
                Some people like them, some don't. I have that exhaust manifold and it doesn't fit the head. The holes don't line up so they need to be drilled larger and the manifold design is terrible. I don't plan to use it.

Sure it will work after much modification, but do you really want to spend 1300 on a pile of ebay parts that might work OK, or a bit more on something that is meant for the car?

They also dont show air fuel ratios on that e30 which were probably lean on that engine, look at it blow blue smoke @34 seconds on the dyno... thats reassuring

You need to do some research. This has been covered many times before :hitler:

Comment

You say this:

Ive got the money the time and the patience. Ive been reading turbo builds for the past 6 months now and this is what ive seen on all. I would like to just know what else I would be missing
                  Then you turn around and post this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-84-...14aba8&vxp=mtr

So which is it? You've read enough threads to know that everyone upgrades their injectors and often their fuel pump, and runs aftermarket management from the start or after learning their own lessons about rrfprs/"Turbo" chips.

But then you say "Look at this great ebay kit that says I don't need any of that stuff that everyone else did."
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Basically I want to know if I can turbo with out upgrading ECU I can update fuel system of needed but I wanna know if I can use the the afm and stock ECU and without using wideband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    '87 325ic
                    '99 m3 (sold)
                    '84 porsche 944 (sold)
                    '01 subaru legacy wagon

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      Some people like them, some don't. I have that exhaust manifold and it doesn't fit the head. The holes don't line up so they need to be drilled larger and the manifold design is terrible. I don't plan to use it.

Sure it will work after much modification, but do you really want to spend 1300 on a pile of ebay parts that might work OK, or a bit more on something that is meant for the car?

They also dont show air fuel ratios on that e30 which were probably lean on that engine, look at it blow blue smoke @34 seconds on the dyno... thats reassuring

You need to do some research. This has been covered many times before :hitler:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88791
                      thanks i really appreciate all this info you have provided me with
                      '87 325ic
                      '99 m3 (sold)
                      '84 porsche 944 (sold)
                      '01 subaru legacy wagon

Comment

Basically I want to know if I can turbo with out upgrading ECU I can update fuel system of needed but I wanna know if I can use the the afm and stock ECU and without using wideband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yes a lot of things will work but how good and for how long
                        Spend 3-4x as much money and you will be 100x happier
                        It's not cheap you gotta pay to play
                        Just my thoughts
                        IG- nv_e30

Comment

Working...
                        X