R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Ah finals week. We missed more than a week of class due to the damage Irma did to the campus so no study week this year, had classes right up until last Thursday. Passed calc 3 on Sunday, physics 2 final is tomorrow which isn't cumulative and I have an A so not stressed in the least. Glad to finally be over the calculus series, next semester will be Differential equations.
    Calculus never goes away especially if you're an EE major. Also here's the crash course to Difficult Equations: EXPONENTIAL'S

This semester kicked my butt :( Transferred to a four year school from community college finally and it's so much harder. I have Math Methods (class after diff. eq for EE majors) final tomorrow and it's going to be a rough one. Then I have signals & systems final on Thursday which is going to be another tough one, Then computer programming on Friday. I'm just hoping to pass everything. I need to really change my study habits for next semester because I can just feel the bad grades coming and since I'm a transfer student this is the start of my GPA at the school so if it's low it is going to be a challenge to pull out of.

But found out I can't fit probability & statistics for engineers in my schedule next semester so I had to sign up for it over the winter. Four credit course in four weeks? it'll be interesting.

Got an A- in my intro to sociology class though so got that going for me!
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Well no calculus itself doesn't go away but that's not what I was saying. I don't have to take any more calculus courses. I'm fine with doing math when it's applied, but math courses are very hard for me to focus on. I'm looking forward to the applications, courses such as thermodynamics, strength of materials, etc. The math is what intimidated me when I started engineering school but now that I'm done with the calculus series of courses it has given me confidence that I can do the rest.

Rushed classes like your upcoming probability and statistics course suck, but at least that material isn't too hard, I took statistics and analysis courses for my first degree and they were not too bad.

Sociology, ugh. Those courses tend to be a bunch of hardcore postmodernist jive these days. Sure am glad I decided against grad school when I graduated my psychology program.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Two finals tomorrow and then one more semester before I graduate as an ME. Wooo

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          Two finals tomorrow and then one more semester before I graduate as an ME. Wooo
          Similar situation... I have two finals left this semester and 3 more classes next semester to graduate as a civil engineer.
          First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Wednesday's Final went ehhh I feel okay about it but 4 hours of straight math with only 8 problems was brutal. It's like information overload. We sat in basically a gym 1 person per table since there aren't a lot of kids taking this math methods course and it is only really for electrical engineering students. One kid got caught cheating towards the end so I'm curious to see what happens to him, Professor said you should probably expect seeing the dean to him but still let him finish the exam to my knowledge.

Today was Signals & Systems I and it was a slaughter house. I was the second to last person to hand in part one no notes and I feel okay about it. But Part two was impossible.! I don't think anyone understood everything on the exam every single person was there even after the two hours. Prayer for a curve and just to pass this class. This professor is 90 something years old and has no mercy.

I'm so dead, and have one more final to go tomorrow. C++ and I'm not that great at it so it probably won't go well either. Literally want to just die.
            -Dee
            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Done, finals are easy.

Comment

Very excited to get back to school this spring. Both kids are now in school and my wonderful wife has a little more breathing room.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                  Very excited to get back to school this spring. Both kids are now in school and my wonderful wife has a little more breathing room.
                  What will you be going for?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

R3V Students thread

So many engineers in this thread! Hell yeah! I’m an ME at Georgia Tech. One more semester left! Can’t wait to be done.

Slacked off throughout this fall semester. Probably my hardest semester at Tech. Heat transfer, machine design, experimental methods, hybrid powertrains, and history of chairs. Never thought 15 credit hours could be so much work! Glad final weeks is over. Studied my ass off for the Heat transfer final and some how got a B in the class. An 80.7. So borderline! Had to get an A on the final, and I did. Barely. The Machine design final kicked my butt though. Get the grade back for that on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same experience with heat transfer. Had to study my ass off to get through that one. Anyone here take winter courses? I was enrolled in one, but decided Id rather not pay x3 the cost of a regular session course. Puts me at 17 units for my last semester.

Comment

pretty sure i failed a course rip,

Yeah Im taking an Easy CS course this winter, I dont want to be here 5 years.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                          So many engineers in this thread!
                          Wow ya haha

Civil up at uvic and got my last final of the semester tomorrow morning and cant wait to be done. Only 2 semesters left for me!

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                            So many engineers in this thread!
                            Add a pilot onto that ;D
                            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              What will you be going for?
                              Haha, Mech.Eng (along with everybody else here). I paid my way through an Automotive Design degree ten years ago. Great time, but just about worthless as a bankable degree.
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

So everything went fine except for prob&stats, which I just didn't put enough effort in.

Since I have to take that in the summer, I dropped Differential Equations this term as well, leaving Thermo/fluids II, Design II, Mechanics of Materials, Dynamics, and Hist of Eng.
                                This is my 5th semester in classes, and the first time I've actually liked all my profs.
                                My Thermo II prof started off with "I'm a car guy, I own 4 cars because I had to sell some... it just wasn't manageable" so that's great. Everyone else is generally nice but at the same time have a "cut the bullshit" attitude.

I took over the FSAE team with my buddy in Civil, so dropping DE will hopefully give me enough time to not run the team into the ground and attend meetings. Only issue is that the summer classes typically conflict with competition.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X