Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt 731 head SOLD

Gone but not forgotten.
    Last edited by KrautnotRice; 09-15-2018, 12:20 PM.
    '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
    '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

damn, if I had a ETA, id be so excited for this... Ive always wanted to build something like this
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      damn, if I had a ETA, id be so excited for this... Ive always wanted to build something like this
      eta blocks are pretty cheap.... :devil: :devil: :devil:
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        eta blocks are pretty cheap.... :devil: :devil: :devil:
        Heck, free even if someone is local to SC / GA. I've got two to choose from. tehehe

Comment

Very cool. What is the reasoning behind using a 731 head? I'm assuming after porting the runners are larger than an 885?

Originally posted by 2mAn
          The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Originally posted by sampayne View Post
            Very cool. What is the reasoning behind using a 731 head? I'm assuming after porting the runners are larger than an 885?
            If the goal is a n/a 2.7 build with stock ETA bottom end and pistons (to keep price down), then the 731 head is the way to go because it retains the stock 9.0 compression ratio as its combustion chambers are a match to the stock ETA pistons, unlike the 885 head which is a mis-match for stock ETA pistons, resulting in a compression drop.
            So in short:
            885 head on ETA bottom end: drops compression, great for turbo.
            731 head on ETA bottom end: doesn't drop compression, great for n/a

The stock 731 head doesn't flow as much as a 885, hence the larger valves and expert port & polish on this particular head.
            The plan was to bolt this onto a stock ETA bottom end and see about 175 whp with a 272 cam. The itb kit would then add the final 25 hp and get the car to 200 whp on a healthy bottom end. On 87 octane.
            There is plenty of info and dyno sheets to back these numbers up
            Portfolio - Racehead Engineering | Racing Hardware Developments

Comment

Originally posted by KrautnotRice View Post
              If the goal is a n/a 2.7 build with stock ETA bottom end and pistons (to keep price down), then the 731 head is the way to go because it retains the stock 9.0 compression ratio as its combustion chambers are a match to the stock ETA pistons, unlike the 885 head which is a mis-match for stock ETA pistons, resulting in a compression drop.
              So in short:

The stock 731 head doesn't flow as much as a 885, hence the larger valves and expert port & polish on this particular head.
              The plan was to bolt this onto a stock ETA bottom end and see about 175 whp with a 272 cam. The itb kit would then add the final 25 hp and get the car to 200 whp on a healthy bottom end. On 87 octane.
              http://racehead.com.au/portfolio/
              Ahh, okay. I forgot that the 885 combustion chamber does not match eta piston shape. Thanks for clearing that up.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Originally posted by KrautnotRice View Post
                So in short:

http://racehead.com.au/portfolio/
                I built this exact head only with Rama's guidance rather than him doing the work himself or I'd grab this. I even have the refurbished rockers and 272 ready to assemble. Great deal from a stand up seller.
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                  I built this exact head only with Rama's guidance rather than him doing the work himself or I'd grab this. I even have the refurbished rockers and 272 ready to assemble. Great deal from a stand up seller.
                  Thanks Jeff.
                  Willing to entertain reasonable offers for this head.

Comment

Bump
                    Last edited by KrautnotRice; 09-15-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

bump
                      Last edited by KrautnotRice; 08-04-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

This is such a great deal for someone. It'd also pair well with most Bimmerheads and IE stroker kits that use the flat top Ross pistons, too. I bet it'd make 225whp+ on a 10:1 3L bottom end with a bigger cam.
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Pm sent. I'll take it.

Comment

Congrats on the sale. This is a work of art that will yield lots of smiles. Can't wait to install mine lol
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

For reference: http://racehead.com.au/m20-low-compr...troker-engine/

'grats to the buyer.
                              Originally posted by nervousmini
                              Break My Wallet
                              Bring My Wallet
                              Bring Money With

and the M cars are a multiplier

regular repair Money * 3 = M3
                              regular repair Money * 5 = M5
                              regular repair Money * 6 = M6

Comment

Working...
                              X