Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to double check with you:

rear: 17 x 10 final et of 20 with 235/40
    front: 17 x 8,5 final et of 20 with 215/45

Fenders a rolled and pulled a bit.

Thanks!
    E30 now S52
    2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
    325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneGuy97 View Post
      Alright Bmw fans i have a alpine white 1988 325ix and im
      looking to give her a new pair of kicks. Anyways the wheels
      i am looking at are some 16x8 +10mm offset Rota Grids
      (click link for wheels) and im wondering will these fit on the
      car with stock suspension(coilovers later) or will i need to
      buy spacers becuase of the offset? If so what size? Thanks
      for reading
      Wheels: http://www.racinglab.com/rota-grid-0016.html
      The ix needs different offset wheels from other E30s. Keep the offsets +30 to +40 ideally.

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
        Just wanted to double check with you:

rear: 17 x 10 final et of 20 with 235/40
        front: 17 x 8,5 final et of 20 with 215/45

Fenders a rolled and pulled a bit.

Thanks!
        The rears will be a very difficult fitment. Guys usually run 225/35 with those and still have to work the fenders heavily. The fronts are also tall, expect some inner fender rubbing near full lock.

Comment

17x8.25 +25 Lowered 1.6 front 1.5 rear. Was thinking 215/40/17 or 215/45/17 Will those rub? I think I would have wheel gap with a 40 series tire

Comment

What is the widest tire I can run with rolling the fenders and what size wheel and off set will I need to buy. This is for a early model with gc coils that have modified strut housings.
            Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

Comment

Okay im still a huge noob at this shit so you might laugh in my face at this one but could i get 10mm offset wheels with 20mm spacers?
              or am i going backwards here
              SELL ME YOUR E30
              1988 Apline 325iX SOLD
              1999 MINT Lincoln Towncar Pimpin
              My Bike when they shit out :wgaf:

Comment

17x8 et 35 and 17x9 et 40 with 215 40 in front 225 40 out back on a plastic bumper 325i coupe with k sport coilovers, fenders rolled not pulled, will this be possible??? I need help on this fitment. i want to run the widest tires/wheels possible with a staggered set up. any help will be appreciated. I am open to all suggestions.
                Thanks guys.
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

next day bump
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                  IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

im looking into getting a set of wheels with the specs 15x8.5 et 17. I do plan on getting 17mm spacers in the front and definately spacers for the rear, i just dont know what size yet. Will a 15x8.5 et17 wheel work on an e30 in the front and clear the brakes and the strut? also what size spacer would you reccomend for the rear? i was thinking like 30mm.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
                      im looking into getting a set of wheels with the specs 15x8.5 et 17. I do plan on getting 17mm spacers in the front and definately spacers for the rear, i just dont know what size yet. Will a 15x8.5 et17 wheel work on an e30 in the front and clear the brakes and the strut? also what size spacer would you reccomend for the rear? i was thinking like 30mm.
                      As previously stated in this thread, 15x8 et15 will barely work and is quite agressive depending on the tire choice.

15x8.5 et17 with a 30mm spacer will put your final offset at -13. There's no way that's going to work at all. That's going to stick out almost 3 inches farther than the stock rims. 17mm spacers would put you at et0 in the front. See below:

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      0 offset wheels don't belong on E30s.

You might be able to get away with those wheels with no spacers at all, depending on your chosen tire size.
                      Last edited by mulletman; 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickMav View Post
                        17x8.25 +25 Lowered 1.6 front 1.5 rear. Was thinking 215/40/17 or 215/45/17 Will those rub? I think I would have wheel gap with a 40 series tire
                        215/40 is the correct size. Won't rub.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                          What is the widest tire I can run with rolling the fenders and what size wheel and off set will I need to buy. This is for a early model with gc coils that have modified strut housings.
                          Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                          Just buy Apex ARC-8s. They're 17x8 +25 and can easily fit 235/40. You can run a 245/40 if you're handy with a fender roller (may need 3-5mm front spacers depending on front perch height).

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneGuy97 View Post
                            Okay im still a huge noob at this shit so you might laugh in my face at this one but could i get 10mm offset wheels with 20mm spacers?
                            or am i going backwards here
                            Backwards. +10 with 20mm spacers nets a -10 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
                              15x8.5 +17 is almost ideal for the front of an E30. Why are you adding spacers?

Comment

17x8 et38 and I would need to run adapters since they are five lug. Would I be able to run these wheels with an 18mm adapter and a fender roll??
                                Originally posted by IRON-E
                                Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Comment

Working...
                                X