Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickMav View Post
    91 318is H&R Race Lowering Springs
    XXR 521 16x8 +20
    What's the widest tire size I can run in all four corners?
    I was thinking 225/45/16, I do not want a stretch. Will I have to roll the fenders at all? Also will this setup clear the suspension components?
    225/45 fits with a rear fender roll. 215/45 offers better tires and removes the need to roll. You will clear the inside without spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by armando74 View Post
      Quick question before I start to attempt to put on my new wheels..
      Will 16x9 +15 with 215/40/16 (all around) fit my 89 325is (with no spacers)?
      Will it clear the struts or no go??
      thanks in advance :)
      Most suspensions setups will require 3mm front spacers to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcalvin View Post
        Curious about:
        17x9 +22 f/r

I am wondering if these will fit if I run an adapter since the wheels are 5-lug? I think smallest adapter is 18mm...

Thanks!
        Too low of an offset, they will poke substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by TYBG View Post
          trying to figure out how to make 17x8 et22 rs-90 lorinsers fit. the 42 Draft Designs adapters comes in 18mm/20mm/25mm/30mm/35mm, i believe i want 20mm..

im on joms slammed and i plan to bring the rear down more. i realize my fenders will most likely need pulling and rolling but can i make this work?
          18mm, they're already extremely aggressive with those adapters. Use 205/40 tires and work the fenders.

Comment

What will I have to do to run 225/50/16 continental extreme contact dsw on xxr 513 16x7 or 16x8 on a early model. thanks for the help!
            sigpic

Comment

I have euroweaves sitting on a bilstein and h&r sport suspension

195/65/15 vs 205/50/15 vs 205/55/15 What would be the ideal size (spirited driving/auto-x) if that helps?

What is your opinoin on dunlop direzzas dz101's?

Comment

Wheels-
                17x7.5 et35

Suspension
                Ge coils bilstein sports (early model)

Tires
                ?

Spacers
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                  What will I have to do to run 225/50/16 continental extreme contact dsw on xxr 513 16x7 or 16x8 on a early model. thanks for the help!
                  I need the wheel offsets to give answers, but 225/50 is not an E30-friendly size in general. 205/50, 215/45, 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                    I have euroweaves sitting on a bilstein and h&r sport suspension

195/65/15 vs 205/50/15 vs 205/55/15 What would be the ideal size (spirited driving/auto-x) if that helps?

What is your opinoin on dunlop direzzas dz101's?
                    195/65 is too tall. 205/50 and 205/55 are both suitable, with the latter being the correct diameter for speedo accuracy. However, if you're auto-xing I'd highly suggest buying something in 205/50 as there are better tire choices there for such use (Kumho XS, Dunlop Z1, Yokohama AD08, Bridgestone RE-11). Choosing any of those four tires will transform an E30.

DZ101's are decent street tires. Very, very poor in the wet though.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                      Wheels-
                      17x7.5 et35

Suspension
                      Ge coils bilstein sports (early model)

Tires
                      ?

Spacers
                      ?
                      215/40 and 15mm front 20mm rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        I need the wheel offsets to give answers, but 225/50 is not an E30-friendly size in general. 205/50, 215/45, 225/45.

The wheels are +0 I'm also going to get some G/C coils at the same time.
                        If I can't fit the 225's what do you think is the widest tire I can fit with out pulling the fenders, I can roll them no problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

Was wondering what size tires to run with these,

5x130. 16x7.5 et32 16x9 et 38

I would run 18 or 20 mm adapters.

Thanks!
                          Last edited by ClausE30; 08-09-2012, 09:52 AM.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post

The wheels are +0 I'm also going to get some G/C coils at the same time.
                            If I can't fit the 225's what do you think is the widest tire I can fit with out pulling the fenders, I can roll them no problem.
                            Like a 185. 0 offset wheels don't belong on E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                              Was wondering what size tires to run with these,

I would run 18 or 20 mm adapters.

Thanks!
                              205/45 front 215/45 rear would be nice. Just needs a rear roll.

Comment

Alright Bmw fans i have a alpine white 1988 325ix and im
                                looking to give her a new pair of kicks. Anyways the wheels
                                i am looking at are some 16x8 +10mm offset Rota Grids
                                (click link for wheels) and im wondering will these fit on the
                                car with stock suspension(coilovers later) or will i need to
                                buy spacers becuase of the offset? If so what size? Thanks
                                for reading
                                Wheels: http://www.racinglab.com/rota-grid-0016.html
                                SELL ME YOUR E30
                                1988 Apline 325iX SOLD
                                1999 MINT Lincoln Towncar Pimpin
                                My Bike when they shit out :wgaf:

Comment

Working...
                                X