EPA trying to outlaw legal racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPA trying to outlaw legal racing.

The EPA has begun to overstep its bounds, bringing their misguided beliefs to one of the most treasured traditions in American Culture: Auto-Racing. It has long been the pastime of many hard-working American Citizens to modify a vehicle for legal race-only use at sanctioned racetracks across the nation.
    Auto Racing has been a staple of American society for generations, inspiring thousands and amusing millions with wholesome, family entertainment.
    The EPA has just announced THIS:
    Washington, DC (February 8, 2016) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed a regulation to prohibit conversion of vehicles originally designed for on-road use into racecars. The regulation would also make the sale of certain products for use on such vehicles illegal. The proposed regulation was contained within a non-related proposed regulation entitled "Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2."
    The regulation would impact all vehicle types, including the sports cars, sedans and hatch-backs commonly converted strictly for use at the track. While the Clean Air Act prohibits certain modifications to motor vehicles, it is clear that vehicles built or modified for racing, and not used on the streets, are not the "motor vehicles" that Congress intended to regulate.
    "This proposed regulation represents overreaching by the agency, runs contrary to the law and defies decades of racing activity where EPA has acknowledged and allowed conversion of vehicles," said SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting. "Congress did not intend the original Clean Air Act to extend to vehicles modified for racing and has re-enforced that intent on more than one occasion."
    SEMA submitted comments in opposition to the regulation and met with the EPA to confirm the agency’s intentions. The EPA indicated that the regulation would prohibit conversion of vehicles into racecars and make the sale of certain emissions-related parts for use on converted vehicles illegal. Working with other affected organizations, including those representing legions of professional and hobbyist racers and fans, SEMA will continue to oppose the regulation through the administrative process and will seek congressional support and judicial intervention as necessary.
    The EPA has indicated it expects to publish final regulations by July 2016.
    This act would CRUSH thousands of small businesses across the nation, outlawing a treasured tradition, destroying families, and rending many communities and friendships that have bound over the simple act of building a car, asunder.
    Call for the U.S. Government to stop this act! It is a deliberate attack on small, American businesses all in the name of a misguided attempt to stop pollution. The EPA REFUSES to recognize that race-only or modified street vehicles account for a microscopic amount of pollution, and they need to focus their efforts on REAL PROBLEMS, as opposed to attacking those that represent a mild inconvenience to their political agenda.

This is nonsense.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Agreed. Go after the goddamned rolling coal motherfuckers

Comment

Saw this on FB. Super fucked. Everyone sign the petition!

Comment

Bump, lets get this shit signed.
        Originally posted by csermonet47
        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Agreed!!! Screw them :finger:
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

From what I've read, this would make any engine-related modifications illegal. So no FI, no swaps, no chips, no aftermarket tunes, etc.

How would this impact, say, my m30b35 swapped e30? I have it as an Antique in VA, but would this make my car illegal?
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

And guns, and ammo, and farting... EPA is another shit sandwich for an overreaching gubmint. Let me hear all the global warming supporters back this one up...
              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Signed, sig'd.

Crazy, detached, power drunk mother fuckers.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

signed

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                    And guns, and ammo, and farting... EPA is another shit sandwich for an overreaching gubmint. Let me hear all the global warming supporters back this one up...
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

What the shit. This will never pass.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

I love the message here.

Law Enforcement: "Keep it on the track! Street racing is illegal!"

EPA: "Track racing is illegal!"

So... I guess we'll go back to this?
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

signed and shared.
                          sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Signed and shared / spammed.
                            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post