Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW E30 Bi-Xenon HID Projector Retrofit Kits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEPO ordered! I also missed out on squared, so very much looking forward to these.
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
      DEPO ordered! I also missed out on squared, so very much looking forward to these.
      Thank you!!! I’m glad I’m able to help out!

Comment

Ordered! Thanks!
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

ordered a DEPO pair, any chance you would do some for Bosch smilies?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzace View Post
            ordered a DEPO pair, any chance you would do some for Bosch smilies?
            Thank you!

I actually have someone sending me a set of Bosch smilies for me to confirm fitment on them. I believe they should be here any day. And the yes, I will have those available, too.

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post

Thank you!

I actually have someone sending me a set of Bosch smilies for me to confirm fitment on them. I believe they should be here any day. And the yes, I will have those available, too.
              I’ll wait for this set! I assume Bosch and Hella will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hakstern View Post

I’ll wait for this set! I assume Bosch and Hella will be the same.
                We'll find out. They might be, but I wouldn't feel comfortable posting something for sale without being able to test fit it first.

Comment

Thank you!

yaaay, I was going to offer to send you some for test fitment if need be. Also I don’t know if Bosch and hella would be the same because they might have different buckets, squared has some pictures herev, and also has an installation pdf on his site
                  To determine what mount you need to order, take a look at our handy "Bucket Identification" photo. This is the backside of the bucket with the projector removed and is the best way to determine which mount version to order.      To do a not so involved method, look at the brand etched into front glass of the headlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzace View Post

yaaay, I was going to offer to send you some for test fitment if need be. Also I don’t know if Bosch and hella would be the same because they might have different buckets, squared has some pictures herev, and also has an installation pdf on his site
                    Oh, wow. Thank you for sending that. As weird as it sounds I've been trying to really hard not to use his site because I don't want to feel like I'm copying him. Haha. BUT, I can see the difference between the Euro Bosch and the Euro Hella is now very obvious. I'm glad I'm testing these because the Depo adapters would have fit the Euro Bosch. But the Hella and Depo are apparently interchangeable.

Comment

Oh, wow. Thank you for sending that. As weird as it sounds I've been trying to really hard not to use his site because I don't want to feel like I'm copying him. Haha. BUT, I can see the difference between the Euro Bosch and the Euro Hella is now very obvious. I'm glad I'm testing these because the Depo adapters would have fit the Euro Bosch. But the Hella and Depo are apparently interchangeable.
                      Yeah I thought about that too but he’s been Mia for a while now, and I can’t think of anyone else making adapter plates for oem headlights. And I can’t wait for future developments!

Comment

I wanted to thank those that placed orders. Please be sure that I am working on them and the projector mount plates should be here at the beginning of next week so then I can assemble and package!

I also have a set of Bosch headlights and have the first adapter printed for test fitting. I think I could have a relatively finished piece this weekend for those.

Thirdly: I'm now a Morimoto Authorized Dealer. Would you be interested in the ability to buy everthing as a complete kit? A one-stop shop for a completely retrofit kit?

Comment

I wanted to thank those that placed orders. Please be sure that I am working on them and the projector mount plates should be here at the beginning of next week so then I can assemble and package!

I also have a set of Bosch headlights and have the first adapter printed for test fitting. I think I could have a relatively finished piece this weekend for those.

Thirdly: I'm now a Morimoto Authorized Dealer. Would you be interested in the ability to buy everthing as a complete kit? A one-stop shop for a completely retrofit kit?

Yes! I would love the 1 stop shop complete retrofit kit for the Bosch smiley!

Comment

Got a Bosch Smiley adapter mocked up! You're also seeing the new bulb "box" that mounts on the back of the projector to seal in the bulb opening on the back of the projector housing. The wires exit out of the side of the box instead of straight out to make things a little tidier inside the engine bay and to make sure the projectors still fit behind the headlight covers if you have them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5703.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.6 KB ID:	10046817
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5701.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	10046818
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5702.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	10046819
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5700.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	10046820

Comment

How much moisture gets around without the bulb box?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                How much moisture gets around without the bulb box?
                                It's not sealed. Is it a giant gaping hole? No. But if you were to hold it up to a light and look through where the bulb mounts, you would see some light.Here's a pic of the back. It's all hard plastic that seats the bulb in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_164981.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	10046837

I guess I'm designing these thinking how would I want them in my car. And if the goal is to have everythign sealed, this would be the one area that isn't. The box will have a flat cover that will be glossy and since the wires exit out the bottom, it should be pretty inconspicuous.

Comment

Working...
                                X