No announcement yet.

Fully refurbished OEM BMW Alpine CM5907 and CM5908 slider radios, Trunk Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have an 89 325iX that came with the alpine cm5908 radio. when I bought it it wasn't wired up at all, and doesn't appear to have originally been optioned on the car. I don't have any reference of the code and I've tried getting it through bmw with no luck. The screen looks fine and the backlight operates correctly, I think its totally saveable if you have an idea of how to unlock it. I'd like to do the refurbishment of the radio and tape deck as i would prefer having that to bluetooth. If you possibly can help me, I'd be greatful. I'm in Canada just north of Toronto so shipping may be a bit more expensive. Thanks for your time.

Comment

@MapleStreetGarage yes I can help.. You have PM
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I received my rebuilt amp at the vintage. Top notch work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        323i MTEC1
        Z3 coupe
        E60 M5

Comment

Just got my refurbished and Bluetooth-upgraded CM5907 back from Brad this morning. Brad does great work and couldn't have been more friendly or detail-oriented; I'm very happy with the radio! Thanks, Brad!

Comment

For those of you in NY and NJ, I will be with Levent at GutenFest next weekend with Callie, my calypso vert. I hope to have my powered sub retrofit setup ready for the show.

Hope to see you there

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Got my 5908 recently from Brad. It was crackling and sometimes screeching. Brad rebuilt it, installed the Cantaloupe, replaced all the bulbs, and cleaned it up. It works flawlessly and the Bluetooth is really great. My wired were also cut with different connectors. Brad returned it to factory connectors. Brad was really helpful and patient in answering all my questions. Very professional. He sent me video clips when he got it working before he shipped it out. With all he did, I thought I owed him a good word on the forum. Thanks Brad!

Comment

Brad,

Any thoughts on figuring out how to make a USB connection to this as well?
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

What do you pay for a non-working CM5908?

I have three of them that have gone bad over the past 20 years. When one would go bad on me i would just buy another used one on eBay or from a forum member and stashed the non-working unit away in case i needed to have one rebuilt, which i never ended up having done.

I recently retrieved the box and was surprised to find 3 of em in there LOL.

I am selling off all my spare E30 stuff and no longer need to keep these radios around. They are all in very good cosmetic condition with all the buttons and screw covers intact. Two of em have cassettes stuck inside, and i think the other one had static on the right front channel IIRC.
                  Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                  1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                  1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                  1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                  2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                  2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                  Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                  Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post

I have three of them that have gone bad over the past 20 years. When one would go bad on me i would just buy another used one on eBay or from a forum member and stashed the non-working unit away in case i needed to have one rebuilt, which i never ended up having done.

I am selling off all my spare E30 stuff and no longer need to keep these radios around. They are all in very good cosmetic condition with all the buttons and screw covers intact. Two of em have cassettes stuck inside, and i think the other one had static on the right front channel IIRC.
                    I've sold him 5 CM5908's and he was honest and straight forward about their value, he paid me immediately once I agreed on his offer. It's difficult to value them with out him testing them or seeing them in person. I wouldn't hesitate to send him more before receiving a payment. At the end of the day, I was just happy to see that he was giving them life again because they most likely would've just sat in a box had I kept them. I did keep an extra one in case I ever need parts for the one in my car.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Brad,

This is also a huge hope of mine for phone charging/aux in one.

Comment

Originally posted by fuscob View Post
                        Just got my refurbished and Bluetooth-upgraded CM5907 back from Brad this morning. Brad does great work and couldn't have been more friendly or detail-oriented; I'm very happy with the radio! Thanks, Brad!
                        Originally posted by wasab1 View Post
                        Got my 5908 recently from Brad. It was crackling and sometimes screeching. Brad rebuilt it, installed the Cantaloupe, replaced all the bulbs, and cleaned it up. It works flawlessly and the Bluetooth is really great. My wired were also cut with different connectors. Brad returned it to factory connectors. Brad was really helpful and patient in answering all my questions. Very professional. He sent me video clips when he got it working before he shipped it out. With all he did, I thought I owed him a good word on the forum. Thanks Brad!
                        You are most welcome guys!! Just love to see these cars with the original sound system!

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        Hi Stan - depends.. if you're just looking for a charging solution that's probably best done through your lighter wiring. USB file playback and track info display is a whole other beast. I'd say it's unlikely Jay will add that capability, even without track info display since it would require CD connection integration which is only offered on the 4 channel radios. Besides there are 3rd party CD changer adapters that already accomplish this. He is working on an E36 solution, but that will be a completely different board.

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                        This is also a huge hope of mine for phone charging/aux in one.
                        Hi @fronton - the Cantaloupe BT board comes with aux in, so same situation applies - just add a USB charger via your lighter wiring. You can get as fancy as you like with that, including adding a USB connector to an HVAC panel switch blank.

Originally posted by randywalters View Post

Please drop me a PM. I will take all of them, and as @Mike36 posted I will make you a fair deal. Your other option is to sell them on ebay as non-working radios, but it's probably not worth the hassle.

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                        For those of you in NY and NJ, I will be with Levent at GutenFest next weekend with Callie, my calypso vert. I hope to have my powered sub retrofit setup ready for the show.

Hope to see you there
                        This was a lot of fun I must say. Brought 4 completed 5908s with me for Levent's customers.

Pumpkin and his owner stopped by the shop - just a perfect car!

The EvoII Macao M3 stole the show in my opinion - even without AC. There were some absolutely stunning cars there! @jbatista's M6 and 850i, a gorgeous 318is, Mtech1 coupe, several S52 and an M60 swap, and 2 M2 Competitions...

This car has a build thread here - so so perfect. will find the link.

Some of my earliest customers.. you know who you are. THANK YOU

I brought my powered sub retrofit prototype too. Still hunting for the right connectors but the concept is solid. Also still working on the passive sub / 5 channel amp kit too. The powered sub is super convenient but I haven't found one that fits we'll in a vert's smaller trunk compartment yet. There's a kicker unit one of the locals had installed in their E34 wagon that looked promising. We'll see.
                        Last edited by bradnic; 07-13-2019, 10:57 AM.

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

New orders on hold due to backlog, pricing

Hi everyone

As I wrote in the 1st post, I am putting a hold on new orders for a while, for the following reasons:

1) I have plenty of backlog to clear out
                          2) I'm not covering my costs, much less making any sort of margin I can use to buy inventory and tools

So I've stopped plans to get my website up.

I do intend to keep going with this, but it may be a couple of months.

If you need a fully rebuilt 5908 please reach out to Levent at Gutenparts. He has some limited inventory available.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Hey Brad, man you were in my home! I want to get my E30 out there next year. Maybe we can road trip it!

As for the radios damn I was thinking of making the switch!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Bummer... looks like I'm 2 weeks too late. Any alternatives to repairing a 5908? My display illumination is out, one channel of audio is out, but everything else works fine (including tape deck).

Thanks!
                              Last edited by e30pdx; 07-15-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Brad just sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X