E30 Authentic Alpina Airdams

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5ickride
    replied
    Originally posted by Sn00pyB0ttz
    I will end up ordering one to put all the beliefs to rest expect pics once I order
    I think this will help out alot. No one here is trying to shit on you but you gotta understand where we are coming from. I'm still interested in this if it all pans out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boosted E30
    replied
    Excellent.

    Leave a comment:


  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Sn00pyB0ttz
    I will end up ordering one to put all the beliefs to rest expect pics once I order
    Great. I look forward to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    I will end up ordering one to put all the beliefs to rest expect pics once I order

    Leave a comment:


  • Frog
    replied
    Originally posted by erik325i
    If they are authentic then you have nothing to lose by buying one and showing us the pictures of the item, and any paperwork proving it's authenticity. It looks like you have a few people lined up that want to buy them (me included), so you won't be stuck with a part you can't sell.
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Erik,

    I have always wanted to post that ever since I saw it but never wanted to crap on someones FS thread. I truly believe there is no reason for Alpina to not put their own font on their products. It doesn't make any sense. Thank you for posting that.

    EDIT: I don't want to discredit sn00py in any way, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

    Leave a comment:


  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Sn00pyB0ttz
    If it come down to it I will buy one for myself and take ever pic of every nook and cranny of the piece of this "fake" airdam to show it is authentic.

    I am speaking to the distributer now and if they wont help then this is the plan.

    ...Cheers
    If they are authentic then you have nothing to lose by buying one and showing us the pictures of the item, and any paperwork proving it's authenticity. It looks like you have a few people lined up that want to buy them (me included), so you won't be stuck with a part you can't sell.

    Originally posted by Gooch
    Kinda sorta playing devils advocate here but I never believed this piece to be a genuine Alpina airdam. I can't say either way 100% as I've never owned genuine Alpina anything, but the cast "ALPINA" font in that airdam is NOT correct. (Not to mention it fits like shit). But the real Alpina font has "A's" with a flat top, and everything that is legit Alpina I have ever seen has their font with the flat A. Why cast your name into your own product that isn't in your own font?
    Just because you said that I had to compare it to mine. It looks like you might be right. The A on that one on e30tech doesn't match the ones on my Alpina airdam. The A's on mine have flatter tops.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    Ok heres what I am trying to do,

    I am trying to get whatever it takes to prove to you all these are authentic as I can see every negative thing about me is popping up as if I was Hitler reborn.
    I can sit here and tell you that they are not fake everyday but we both know it wont work as well I'm new (to this forum not E30s, Alpina part, or anything refering to an automobile).

    I have spent tons of time talking to the and they gave me all the right answers in he first place (you get TUV certification papers, and Alpina authenticity certification paper work too)
    If it come down to it I will buy one for myself and take ever pic of every nook and cranny of the piece of this "fake" airdam to show it is authentic.

    I am speaking to the distributer now and if they wont help then this is the plan.

    ...Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Kinda sorta playing devils advocate here but I never believed this piece to be a genuine Alpina airdam. I can't say either way 100% as I've never owned genuine Alpina anything, but the cast "ALPINA" font in that airdam is NOT correct. (Not to mention it fits like shit). But the real Alpina font has "A's" with a flat top, and everything that is legit Alpina I have ever seen has their font with the flat A. Why cast your name into your own product that isn't in your own font?

    Leave a comment:


  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    I will say my Alpina is ABS so at what point did Alpina start using FRP?
    I'm curious too. I have a really early type 137, and it is ABS/urethane plastic.

    Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Damn, I want one of those late-model Alpina airdams SO bad. Gotta finish the engine swap first, tho.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    I will say my Alpina is ABS so at what point did Alpina start using FRP?

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Basically, the dilemna is very simple.

    If the spoiler is a knock-off, then it is worth $100-$200
    If it is an original documented Alpina part, then the price can be higher. But documentation is necessary.

    Dude seems to be a parts flipper. He may even be 100% honest.





    Wheel Whores produce premium automotive apparel as well as supplying three piece modular wheel parts across the globe. What started out as a dedicated wheel forum quickly grew to a global wheel community.
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 12-02-2010, 04:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GT BMW E30
    replied
    +10. i saw some of the stuff he is selling. he should have no problem buying one then posting pictures so we can check authenticity and not ask everyone to spend $490.00 plus shipping on 10 pieces and trust . also i love that you only have 52 messages in your google account . i do not know anyone with that clean of an email account. i am just saying guys be smart.

    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    Just be carefull. And ask for credentials. Usual internet bizness.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonder
    replied
    I guess I'm mistaken, but I just assumed because the factory used ABS that it was a better material than fiberglass, that's why I referenced the oem mtech kits and the IS valance.

    It would just seem that if fiberglass was the way to go then all the trim items such as bumpers, valances, spoilers, sideskirts, etc would be made out of fiberglass...see where I'm going with this.

    If alpina made them originally in fiberglass than it comes down to paperwork for authenticity.

    Leave a comment:

Working...