E30 Authentic Alpina Airdams

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Just be carefull. And ask for credentials. Usual internet bizness.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5ickride
    replied
    If original ones are Fiberglass, and knockoffs are also available as fiberglass...how the hell can you tell the difference?!? A little sticker? Pffff

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    The original Alpina airdams are Fiberglass... and afaik still available new from Alpina. No idea whats being sold here though.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    my prefacelift IS ABS and has a metzler stamp, maybe they changed in the middle of production?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeedler
    I can confirm that the original Alpina spoilers for the pre- facelift cars were made out of FIBERGLASS. I had an orig. on my old red "M tech I" car.
    and yes, like he is saying abs plastic is not a "better material" these days-- all the e36 fakie M bumpers are made out of it and cost nothing over here.

    his contact is the same as the guys Mel uses to get his euro stuff. on the site there is no list of Alpina stuff, so no telling-- but they seem to be able to get all kinds of cool stuff

    don't all of the copies on german ebay come out of Hungry?
    We dont make reproduction parts. We make good beer, sausage, wine, paprika, hot peppers, and pálinka. Oh and alos Mercedes A klass and B klass but no reproduction just. Hungary did make some of Hella and parts for the Golf 1/ Golf 1 GTI. We may be a sorta poor country but when it comes to e30s and BMWs we take that seriously! I can speak for a handfull of us when i say we dont buy repo stuff or make it. Let China stick to that...

    Would you be talking about my source or Mel site where you dont see the Alpina parts?

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    I can confirm that the original Alpina spoilers for the pre- facelift cars were made out of FIBERGLASS. I had an orig. on my old red "M tech I" car.
    and yes, like he is saying abs plastic is not a "better material" these days-- all the e36 fakie M bumpers are made out of it and cost nothing over here.

    his contact is the same as the guys Mel uses to get his euro stuff. on the site there is no list of Alpina stuff, so no telling-- but they seem to be able to get all kinds of cool stuff

    don't all of the copies on german ebay come out of Hungry?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    I wonder how come some spoiler made in Germany end up in Hungary. ;-)
    BTW A fiberglass molded after a fiberglass original remains a knock-off. All it takes is an Alpina certificate or invoice to legitimize the spoiler
    Like the ebay ones?
    By no means what I'm selling

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Fiberglass, I remember speaking with _____ and he said that his was FRG from Alpina. I was dismayed to hear that and mentioned it in the second thread that charlescho dug up.

    I was very surprised that Alpina would do this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    I wonder how come some spoiler made in Germany end up in Hungary. ;-)
    BTW A fiberglass molded after a fiberglass original remains a knock-off. All it takes is an Alpina certificate or invoice to legitimize the spoiler

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    Originally posted by Boosted E30
    How much shipped to Canada for late model?
    Shipped to Canada would be $490.90usd to your door with confirmation and tracking number

    Leave a comment:


  • Boosted E30
    replied
    How much shipped to Canada for late model?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • charlescho
    replied
    I took the liberty of calling KSK and left them a voicemail :) hopefully they will call back soon.

    in the mean time, I did some seperate researching and apparently alpina decided to switch over to fiberglass.






    ...and many more :)

    again I have no association with snoopy. and if I didn't have an ACS front lip, I wouldnt mind jumping on this deal and prove its authenticity.
    Last edited by charlescho; 12-02-2010, 09:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Hi MBonder. I am with you. But hey, who knows. Maybe Alpina resorted to FG... The only way to know for sure is to contact KSK Distributing in California and ask them. They are the official North American Alpina importer after all. They may even have some original spoilers in stock. At a price though.

    KSK was founded after Alpina discovered that Hardy & Beck, the then official Alpina distributor, was selling fiberglass repros and wheels knock-offs back in the early 1980s.

    Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.


    Leave a comment:


  • Sn00pyB0ttz
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder
    Something is not making sense here, OEM mtech pieces and even the early model IS valance were modeled in ABS plastic (I've had 3 mtech II kits and 1 mtech I kit and they've all been ABS plastic). Typically all aftermarket replicas of these pieces are done in fiberglass because its a much cheaper manufacturing process than ABS plastic.

    so...What you talking about willis?
    Alpina Airdams are fiberglass and this is a fact. My recent trips to Germany in the past and buying these uses I would know this as I had one for me E21 (fiberglass) and a fellow BMW adict over here has a E30 prefacelift with a authentice Alpine airdam he bought used that the fiberglass was was cracked on. It indeed was fiberglass and Authentic Alpina.

    MTech is not made by Alpina and the production medthods are different.
    For the record too ABS Plastic is cheap to make and flexible, have you tried bending a fiber glass part as much as a ABS part. Just wont work :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...