Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.

Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.

Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.

If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area

If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel

If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.

In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank, were you able to get the pipes coated for the guys who wanted it?

Did you talk to Stromung about downpipes for this GB? If not I can contact Scott (worked with him before and he isn't too far from me) and ask him about making the downpipes again since he has a template already correct?

Just so I understand correctly, the GB included downpipes (as stated in initial thread)...so if I can get Scott to do the run on downpipes would you just pay him directly?

Thanks again Frank for getting this GB done!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Yeah, spoke to Scott, he purged his system and does not have templates anymore.

As far as coating, they quoted me $220 or so a set or $150 if 6 units. no coating has been done.

Cheers

Comment

Frank, I'm not sure how many sets you want coated or if it's worth the hassle but I had my headers Cerakoted here for $150. Not sure how much better they would do for volume but it's better than $220.
        Deck Lid and soft top Shocks on hand

Seat shocks on hand for immediate shipment
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but what material are the headers made from. If it’s stainless instead of mild steel I would forgo the coating if that’s refunded. If it’s mild steel they gotta get coated in something if they will rust.
          e30sport.net
          '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
          '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
          '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
            Shipping out a few sets today and a remaining sets next week, sorry but been swapped at work.
            Who won the lottery last week guys? Remaining losers, what is the chance we get a tracking number tomorrow?

Comment

Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Headers came in today. Frank delivered after all, thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by zaq123; 07-15-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                I donít know if itís been mentioned but what material are the headers made from. If itís stainless instead of mild steel I would forgo the coating if thatís refunded. If itís mild steel they gotta get coated in something if they will rust.
                I wound up with OE RDs which are stainless. I had them coated based on the supposed reduction in heat so there's that to consider

Alice the Time Capsule
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Stainless steel is already a thermal barrier. Unlike regular steel. Therefore, I really wonder if ceramic coating them is really needed. ;-)
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    Stainless steel is already a thermal barrier. Unlike regular steel. Therefore, I really wonder if ceramic coating them is really needed. ;-)
                    The guy who sold me the coating said it was lol.

Seriously though.. a quick search yielded this in reference to stainless VS mild

"But chromium atoms that are mixed in with the iron have the added effect of making the material worse at conducting heat than mild steel"

If it's worse at conducting then it does give off less heat. Whether the difference is significant enough to call it a thermal barrier I have no idea and about how much the coating helps, I know even less.

It is pretty though :)

Alice the Time Capsule

Comment

Racing calipers often use stainless steel pistons in order to reduce heat transfer from brake pads to brake fluid...
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post

Bingo!!! SS can be made to look nice too but maintenance of that look will be a pain...considering the location

Comment

Got my headers yesterday too. Paid for coating and they arrived uncoated. Are we going to get a refund for that?
                          e30sport.net
                          '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                          '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                          '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                            Got my headers yesterday too. Paid for coating and they arrived uncoated. Are we going to get a refund for that?

Did you pay for downpipes too?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                              Did you pay for downpipes too?

We all paid for downpipes per the initial GB info.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                                The guy who sold me the coating said it was lol.

Seriously though.. a quick search yielded this in reference to stainless VS mild

"But chromium atoms that are mixed in with the iron have the added effect of making the material worse at conducting heat than mild steel"

If it's worse at conducting then it does give off less heat. Whether the difference is significant enough to call it a thermal barrier I have no idea and about how much the coating helps, I know even less.

the question of whether a coating does anything or not to stainless steel is not really a question of whether 304 stainless steel is better than mild steel, as stainless is known to have a lower thermal conductivity and lower emmisivity so the heat transfer will be lower with stainless.

a lot of the ceramic coatings are nothing more than glorified VHT. the aftermarket world is full of smoke and mirrors without any real test data but the best ones to use are zirconia based that are plasma sprayed and they have some body (thickness) to them and therefore affect the conduction through the pipe wall. i think swaintec white lightening might be one of those that's what id be looking at but black if possible to avoid the grubby finger prints...lol

i personally think it looks much more presentable after coating especially on something where the fab quality is not up to scratch. Done properly it seems to last alot better than VHT paint, and any improvements in thermal control of under hood temps are a bonus ( it does still seem to help though). To protect components from the radiation a thermal heat shield is the best thing you can do but this conflicts with presentation.
                                Last edited by digger; 07-16-2019, 08:31 PM.
                                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                                X