Kopi Wheel (Alpina Replica) Group Buy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • firemanory
    replied
    Originally posted by jP4
    I'm shittin my pants worrying about clearance on the iX with 215/40s. Not a lot of room between my front struts and 205/40s I've got now with 17x7 et40, no spacers. I'll gain 5mm with the 35 offset, but lose it back with the +10mm tire width. Fenders gonna be tight too. And then I've got H&R iX sports in the garage. Yikes. Anyone want to talk me off the ledge? It should work, but I'm not sleeping easy.
    On my rears I cannot even fit a pinkie finger towards the front of the tire. My fronts have a bit of room based on how the sports drop it in the front. Hope that helps.

    Leave a comment:


  • jP4
    replied
    I'm shittin my pants worrying about clearance on the iX with 215/40s. Not a lot of room between my front struts and 205/40s I've got now with 17x7 et40, no spacers. I'll gain 5mm with the 35 offset, but lose it back with the +10mm tire width. Fenders gonna be tight too. And then I've got H&R iX sports in the garage. Yikes. Anyone want to talk me off the ledge? It should work, but I'm not sleeping easy.

    Leave a comment:


  • firemanory
    replied
    Mine is HR Sports W/ Bill Sports.

    Leave a comment:


  • jP4
    replied
    Originally posted by CB-M3
    is he lowered? ^^^^
    Yes. Eibach springs and billy sports.

    Leave a comment:


  • butters
    replied
    Originally posted by jP4
    89 325i badged, although the door VIN tag says iS. Anyone else see that before? Just a side note I was curious about.
    my '91 318i (4-door, manual-only, single model-year) says "318is" on the vin tag. I'm sure all '91 318i cars are the same way. probably due to how closely the cars are equipped in terms of manufacturing (think sound deadening, insulation, plastic coverings, and so on up to the powertrain itself).

    Leave a comment:


  • CB-M3
    replied
    is he lowered? ^^^^

    Leave a comment:


  • jP4
    replied
    My buddy Greg's ride...just put his on last night. Yoko S Drive 215/40, no clearance or vibration issues. 89 325i badged, although the door VIN tag says iS. Anyone else see that before? Just a side note I was curious about.

    Putting my wheels on the iX tomorrow. Will post pics.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • butters
    replied
    Originally posted by firemanory
    I guess my only solution is to dremel out a cutout on the wheel to accomodate this. Not my ideal solution on a brand new set of wheels...
    I'm trying to coordinate with my folks back home to photograph the wheels for a long-distance inspection, and might notice what you're talking about on a couple (causing the cap to be not quite sitting flush).

    My thoughts - why dremel the wheel, why not just dremel the cap so it's a snug fit? Without handling the wheels my perspective is of course limited.

    Happy to see photos on the car, they look great.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by firemanory
    I did not. I do have some minor rubbing in the rear when the suspension compresses a bit on bigger swoops. Will need to check to see where it is hitting. UUC BBK fits perfectly.
    Good to know, thanks! Your car looks great.

    Leave a comment:


  • firemanory
    replied
    Happy Day regardless....

    Sure, there have been some roadblocks, but they still look good. Will be better when I can put all 4 caps on with emblems.....

    Without caps looks ok, but with completes the look.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • firemanory
    replied
    A little disheartened by this, anyone else have this issue?

    It appears 3 of my 4 wheels have these indentions inside the hub area where the covers line up and one of the "clips" have a round bump on it where I figured that is where you line it up to install it and not have it move around the wheel and then come off. So it appeared that this one wheel was from a different casting and didnt get one of these recessed areas added to it so the cap will not fill flush with the wheel like the rest of them. Here are some pics to help explain what I am talking about. Sorry, they are only iphone pics with crappy phone flash.

    Notice how in the first pic under the bottom lug nut you can see the cutout for the tab on the cap. Now on the second pic there is no such tab anywhere on the wheel, which means the cap doesn't sit properly on the wheel and wants to fall off.

    The 3rd pic shows the said tab on the center cap and how it is the same size as the cutout in the wheel.

    I guess my only solution is to dremel out a cutout on the wheel to accomodate this. Not my ideal solution on a brand new set of wheels...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • firemanory
    replied
    Shot of wheel w/ BBK

    Hard to see, but gives you an idea what it looked like before I dropped onto ground.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • firemanory
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Curious if you needed a spacer with the UUC setup and those wheels?
    I did not. I do have some minor rubbing in the rear when the suspension compresses a bit on bigger swoops. Will need to check to see where it is hitting. UUC BBK fits perfectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    i got mine and the paint is a bit jacked in spots. Air holes and one rim looks like I already have curb rash but only minor on the paint, think it was from shipping. Still rock them tho

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by firemanory
    Before wheel installed with new stoppers
    Curious if you needed a spacer with the UUC setup and those wheels?

    Leave a comment:

Working...