Renown Steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZEKTI View Post
    FWIW Renown has some new steering wheels made in Italy. I'm just happy $300 gets us a massive product choice of new wheels.
    The "monterey" made in Italy wheel looks like a rebadged and more expensive version of the OMP Velocita 380 it copies. Also, Renown wheels in general look awfully similar to these "viilante" wheels, wouldn't be surprised if they share the same supplier. As others have said, stick with Momo or the other reputable brands.

Comment

This is my 2nd wheel from them. Zero complaints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_183945.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	10045282

Last edited by It's Soda Not Pop; 02-07-2022, 11:52 PM.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Id rather have a used OMP, Sparco, Momo, Personal than a new Renown.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

300$ gets you a Nardi Wheel.... and I'd much rather have the Nardi.
          85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

You can find almost identical designs on Alibaba for $30, wouldn't be surprised if they were the exact same wheel without the logo.
            IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Is Renown a member here? We could just go to the source instead of finger pointing. Again I personally have had 2 of them and they were great

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
                Is Renown a member here? We could just go to the source instead of finger pointing. Again I personally have had 2 of them and they were great
                I had ESM wheels and they held air, doesn't mean they're well made.

Renown wheels clearly aren't made in the US (or they would say so on their website) and all appear to be knock-offs of a classic design. I would put money on it that the wheels are made by the lowest bidder overseas and then sold here at a premium. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you can go buy a new wheel off the shelf. But as mtech325 pointed out, why would buy Renown's version of an OMP wheel for the same price?
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

I had ESM wheels and they held air, doesn't mean they're well made.

Renown wheels clearly aren't made in the US (or they would say so on their website) and all appear to be knock-offs of a classic design. I would put money on it that the wheels are made by the lowest bidder overseas and then sold here at a premium. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you can go buy a new wheel off the shelf. But as mtech325 pointed out, why would buy Renown's version of an OMP wheel for the same price?
                  Either way I'm giving my opinion on what I've have actually bought and used. Sometimes we get caught up in what is most expensive and not necessarily what is good. don't get me wrong I do believe in "you get what you pay for", especially in car community.
                  If you want an OMP wheel then buy that.
                  I'm not sure if the ESM comment was a jab at me. But I spent my money on suspension and bushings and drivetrain get the car where I wanted it. Looks was on the back burner for me.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post

...Sometimes we get caught up in what is most expensive and not necessarily what is good. don't get me wrong I do believe in "you get what you pay for", especially in car community...
                    I'm not sure if the ESM comment was a jab at me...
                    Not a jab at you, I bought a set for my convertible back in the day and was really excited about them. They were fine and I never had any significant problems, but I remember talking to a Hunter Rep who wasn't able to balance a brand new wheel on a brand new machine.

These days I'd rather save more and wait for the chance to buy real stuff than to get replicas.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Not a jab at you, I bought a set for my convertible back in the day and was really excited about them. They were fine and I never had any significant problems, but I remember talking to a Hunter Rep who wasn't able to balance a brand new wheel on a brand new machine.

These days I'd rather save more and wait for the chance to buy real stuff than to get replicas.
                      Fair enough.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by ube91 View Post
                        Wonder if the BMW horn button will work on a MOMO Prototipo... OG MOMO horn buttons with the BMW roundel are pretty rare and fairly expensive.
                        yup it will work. I have a BMW motorsport horn from Renown, on my Momo Prototipo.

www.instagram.com/snwmble
                        #snwmble

Current:
                        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post

yup it will work. I have a BMW motorsport horn from Renown, on my Momo Prototipo.

Looks sweet. Nice interior BTW!

Comment

I’ve had a perforated 130R on for the past 6 years and it has held up great. The leather is wearing in very nicely, and I get plenty of compliments on it!
                            This pic was taken a couple years ago but until recently I haven’t done much driving in the E30 so it looks about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ube91 View Post

Looks sweet. Nice interior BTW!
                              thanks pare!
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
                              X