Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.

Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.

Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.

If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area

If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel

If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.

In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

Spectra Premium Gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectra Premium Gas tank

I just got done replacing my tank with the Spectra BM1B and thought I would post my thoughts.

I cracked the tank at the tank from the muffler shifting and tapping the tank; I noticed a small puddle of fuel under the car the following morning from a slow drip.

I probably could have welded the tank after removing and purging it, but decided that it made more sense to replace it since Amazon could deliver a new one for $230 in 2 days. However, I couldn't find much feedback on the Spectra tank.

I was really surprised at how nice the tank is. First, it comes factory coated with a Ni-Tern coating that should offer excellent corrosion resistance without the need to paint it. The fit was exactly the same. It had the same internal fuel pump baffle and routing of the return line with the jet pump.

My old tank was 28 years old and actually had zero corrosion on the inside. The filler neck had some rust but otherwise would have been good for another 10 years.
    Attached Files

thanks

Comment

Thanks for posting. What year and model are your car?
      1992 325i 'vert
      1988 320i Touring
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      2001 325i - R.I.P.
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
        Thanks for posting. What year and model are your car?
        I have a '90 325is.

This tank fits '87+

Comment

So you moved over the fuel lines from the top over to the new tank? I am back and forth between getting this one or the OEM one, but I just cant justify $1000. If it was $500 that would be worth it but not when aftermarket is $200.

Do you have the link to the one you bought?
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

Comment

i bought one for my 86 325e, it was a spectra aswell but i bought it from autozone. it was 190 when i bought it like 2-3 years ago. fits well only difference i noticed was that you dont get the drain bolt on the passenger side like the oem one.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              i bought one for my 86 325e, it was a spectra aswell but i bought it from autozone. it was 190 when i bought it like 2-3 years ago. fits well only difference i noticed was that you dont get the drain bolt on the passenger side like the oem one.
              Thanks, I just ordered the Spectra from Amazon, $200 including shipping. I think its the best bet, I could care less about the drain. If I ever have to pull this thing again I can drill it to drain and buy a new one and it will still be less then half the price of OEM.

Is anyone painting theirs? I dont want it silver, I was going to paint it black to match the bottom of the car.

Comment

I didn't paint mine because the color doesn't bother me and it's super rust resistant (supposedly). Someone that's had one longer might comment on that.
                Other than that, everything transferred over and I've run through a few tanks of gas without issue.
                For the money it's a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                  I didn't paint mine because the color doesn't bother me and it's super rust resistant (supposedly). Someone that's had one longer might comment on that.
                  Other than that, everything transferred over and I've run through a few tanks of gas without issue.
                  For the money it's a no-brainer.
                  Thanks! Should have mine tomorrow!

Comment

I bought one of those off Rockauto, it has been working well for three years now.

Comment

Mine is ready to go just have to put it back in.

I painted it black to match the OEM one and did Wurth undercoating as well.

Moved everything over to the new tank.

Comment

Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I've had mine in for four years at this point.
                          I didn't undercoat it, but did paint with an epoxy spray paint.
                          Fit was OEM exact except for the dents where fuckmonkeys had jacked the car up on the tank (ON BOTH SIDES! WTF?!).

http://phpbb.realfierotech.com/viewt...147083#p147083

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                            I've had mine in for four years at this point.
                            I didn't undercoat it, but did paint with an epoxy spray paint.
                            Fit was OEM exact except for the dents where fuckmonkeys had jacked the car up on the tank (ON BOTH SIDES! WTF?!).

http://phpbb.realfierotech.com/viewt...147083#p147083

Haha yea I had dents on both sides of my old tank.

I dont think you need to undercoat it, since I am cleaning up my car as I put in subframe front and rear etc I decided to undercoat to make it all match.

Comment

Just an update this tank fit almost perfect. Its definitely worth $200 vs the OEM $1200.

The front middle bolt hole is slightly off so I could not use the metal insert. I may drill it over a bit in the future so I can use it but with the rubber grommet in there (and a washer) plus the other 4 in their perfectly I am not too worried about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X