BMW X3 owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X3 owners?

Anyone own a BMW X3? I've been looking into one for myself, but wanted to see how it compares to the X5. I read one review describing the it as the smaller crossover version of the X5, but also stating it might not be worth the price. Wanted to see if I could get some insight from an actual owner of the vehicle.

The article I read was pretty intriguing and had great detail on the X3. I'm strongly considering it, but wondering if I should just go all out and get the X5... https://www.autolist.com/bmw-x3/2018-bmw-x3-review#s=a

I have an 04 x3 6-spd manual 3.0l m54. I've had it for about 2 years now. It's been a good daily. The one thing to be aware of is the window regulators. They all break, eventually. The sunroof also can often have issues, but there is a repair kit available.
    Other than that, nothing major to complain about.
    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

What generation are you looking at? The original e83, the f25 or the new g01? They all have their issues, I would avoid the 4 cylinder n20 models. Personal I think a e91 or e46 wagon would be a better choice.

Comment

I had an 06 X3 manual. It was a good car. Kind of big and heavy though. I mean, it's an SUV. After a while that became tiring. I agree with Caperix. Get an E46 or E91 Touring instead. A RWD E46 Touring would be easy to toss an S54 into.

The BMW M3 Touring prototype materialized because a production model was under consideration.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

the X3 is literally just a 3 series wagon with mandatory AWD and a taller ride height. They share the same basic interiors, drivetrain, engines, etc. But they sure are a lot uglier - and you can't get them with 3 pedals.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The taller ride height is great for the wife though, if you are tired of repairing air dams and wheels!

Comment

My wife never had that problem. I'm not sure the ride is that much taller anyway (xdrive is like an inch higher than rwd with sport suspension).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                the X3 is literally just a 3 series wagon with mandatory AWD and a taller ride height. They share the same basic interiors, drivetrain, engines, etc. But they sure are a lot uglier - and you can't get them with 3 pedals.
                The e83 X3's came with 3 pedals but ya, F25 and newer is a no. Also OP if your also considering wagon's e91's also came with 3 pedals. E91 was the last 3 series wagon in the states offered with a manual trans.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

If we're talking about e53s and e83s, I would go with the x3.

the m54 x5 is under powered and the v8s are expensive to keep running.

The 3.0 in an x3 feels good.
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

As the others have said you need to let us know which series, there are pretty big differences between them including powertrains. We have an F15 X5 and we like it but recently have been driving a G01 rental X3 and its pretty nice.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I have(wife's) an 2016 F25 X3 xdrive xline 35I and this thing rocks!!!
                      Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by sweet3 View Post
                        I have an 04 x3 6-spd manual 3.0l m54. I've had it for about 2 years now. It's been a good daily. The one thing to be aware of is the window regulators. They all break, eventually. The sunroof also can often have issues, but there is a repair kit available.
                        Other than that, nothing major to complain about.
                        Owned an 04 x3 and the sunroof broke lol otherwise great car
                        85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
                        X