SpeedyRacer turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedyRacer turbo kit

So I am looking for a turbo kit that is a little less that 1200. And I found this one But I don’t know anything about it. There are no reviews. Has someone bought this? If so please review it for me.
    https://www.speedyracer.com/84-91-BM...LER-TURBO-KIT-

if there are other turbo kits please contact me. I am working on a 1991 e30 325ix.

Since no one else is likely to give you an answer, that kit ($659) is incredibly cheap and likely garbage. Even the CX Racing kit (also low quality) is $1,000 more than the link you posted (and is also regarded as cheap/unreliable).

A reliable turbo system costs money. Search around to see what people are using. A decent budget kit is closer to $3600, and that doesn't include an exhaust system.

Good luck!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I have NO experience with this kit or any kit, you can run that kit but its going to have to be modified and missing a downpipe and exhaust. Also youll need like a chip or ecu for tuning and injectors.
      That kit is just junk you can buy from ebay. i say you keep reading and do reasearch. look at alot of builds or look up kamotors on here who builds diy turbo kits but its going to cost you more than this kit costs.
      going boost isnt cheap and if you buy that kit from the mentioned website youll probably be back looking for another kit.

Comment

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is..

kamotors is the way to go. Still going to cost you around 4k when everything is said and done. Kit, ecu, tune and exhaust
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by EG0Z_ View Post
          So I am looking for a turbo kit that is a little less that 1200. And I found this one But I don’t know anything about it. There are no reviews. Has someone bought this? If so please review it for me.
          https://www.speedyracer.com/84-91-BM...LER-TURBO-KIT-/solitaire spider/

if there are other turbo kits please contact me. I am working on a 1991 e30 325ix.
          Yes! I haven't experience with this kit or any kit you can run that kit but its going to have to be modified and missing a downpipe and exhaust!

Comment

Run it and post vids.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
              Run it and post vids.
              yeah, I have the same idea (give a video is the clearest)

Comment

Don't cheap out. Not just for the piece of mine in reliability, but more than likely you would end up spending more in the long run trying to be "cheap". I know that I always end up buying what I really want even if I've already purchased something that I settle on. Just my 2 cents.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Devils advocate here, although I can't speak to this speedyracer kit in particular.

I went the budget eBay turbo kit route on my Miata and I don't regret it.
                  It wasn't a bolt-on solution, there will be custom fab as things made cheaply rarely work without modification.
                  I have been daily driving the car for the better part of two summers and it hasn't left me stranded.

If you have another car as a reliable daily drive while you play with the E30 turbo kit, then it might be worth a shot.

That said, I went with quality name-brand parts on my E30 turbo setup and things have been a lot smoother.

Comment

Working...
                  X