CNC Machining Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks awesome.

If the knob could be silver color, and the top black with silver lettering, it would be really nice.
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I'm definitely interested in a black aluminum knob with the shift pattern.

Let see pictures!
      Current BMW's:
      2004 330Ci
      1986 European 325i cabrio
      1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
      1989 325is RIP
      1989 325iX RIP
      2001 740iL RIP

Comment

Thanks for posting the code, What machine is that for? We have a Bridgeport(expoler 2) at school so I need to start learning the code for it soon.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
          Thanks for posting the code, What machine is that for? We have a Bridgeport(expoler 2) at school so I need to start learning the code for it soon.
          That is for a haas sl-20 lathe; everything but the g71 lines will work on fanuc machines too.

I will post pics in a few minutes...my g/f has the camera with her at work tonight.

Comment

FIRST PART!

here is the first pic, as promised. The knobs won't be so shiny once they are anodized.

Comment

that's friggen sweet, that's without pattern or annodizing right? post pics when that gets done!! :) looks really good man, any idea on a time frame for the steel one powdercoated black with pattern?
              Dan

Comment

WOW :shock: Awesome job man. I'm not sure if I want anodized black or not. We'll see when you get more examples out. But for the record that thing is awesome.
                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

That looks sick.

I do have another plan for my shifter knob though, so what else can be made? I mean, theres gotta be other ideas on what to make...I would like to see some Hartge style pedals in black metal, that would be sweet. Just the same design in black...

Reminiscing...

Comment

Chris: When you have a finished product, IE one in the stage of developement in which you would sell it, please start a new thread in this forum, as this one is a little long winded. until then, I guess lets just use this thread for ideas and such
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Re: FIRST PART!

Originally posted by chrisd
                      here is the first pic, as promised. The knobs won't be so shiny once they are anodized.
                      Looks great, I will definately buy one.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                        That looks sick. I do have another plan for my shifter knob though, so what else can be made? I mean, theres gotta be other ideas on what to make...I would like to see some Hartge style pedals in black metal, that would be sweet. Just the same design in black... ]
                        I would too, my plastic pedals just don't do it for me... I will try to come up with something along those lines pretty soon.
                        Another thing that I want to make is a little cap to go over my antenna mounting bolt. I took off the non-retracting antenna, and I want to cover the spot. It'll just be a little bullet with an o-ring to keep out water and a thread on the inside.

Comment

Re: FIRST PART!

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          Originally posted by chrisd
                          Looks great, I will definately buy one.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

How about doorsills? Custom engraving there....that'd be nice. A doorsill with your name on it, or maybe just says "E30" or "BMW 318is" or whatever....

Maybe handbrakes and handbrake buttons too...OEM style but anodized metal in black or silver...how about a silver or black anodized shift surround...that'd be sweet.

That surround in black or silver would be sweet I think. And going on whats in the pic, maybe silver or black rings for the speedo and such...

Don't forget to add a dead pedal to that pedal set! And thats all I got.
                            Reminiscing...

Comment

lets keep this topic on, uh, topic. shift knobs for now. I'd say we can start new threads as interest grows
                              BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                                lets keep this topic on, uh, topic. shift knobs for now. I'd say we can start new threads as interest grows
                                Gotcha. Just throwing ideas out there for others and such...can't let this opportunity for custom machined parts go to waste!
                                Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                                X