Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17x8" ET25: Lightweight Track Wheels: APEX ARC-8 HERE NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would be for sale after I wreck my car. :hitler:
    Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
    Originally posted by kronus
    try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
    Originally posted by chadthestampede
    This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

lol.... Sorry man... At least you didn't buy them THEN wreck the car, that'd be worse.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I wish I caught this, picking up a pair hopefully with in the next month!

-Spencer

Comment

wish i had the money love these wheels i would want them white for my e30 m3 thats white

Comment

Suspence.. Why not buy used :) help us both out

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
              There aren't any decent tires in 225 that "fit" correct if I remember. 225/45 is too tall
              Can someone break this down? How are they too tall? 225/45 hit the fenders? The odo reads off? Folks are slammed?
              225/45/15 on a 15x8 et20 wheel with HR Race doesnt rub, why would the 17?

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post

Can someone break this down? How are they too tall? 225/45 hit the fenders? The odo reads off? Folks are slammed?
                225/45/15 on a 15x8 et20 wheel with HR Race doesnt rub, why would the 17?
                225/45/15 is a REALLY short tire. I am assuming you made a mistake in your post. You wouldn't put a 45 series on a 15" tire. Yes it won't rub because it's like almost an inch shorter than the 225/45/17.

Here is a breakdown:
                205/55/15 (stock tire size)- 23.9" Diameter
                225/45/15 -23"
                225/45/17 -25"

So the 225/45/15 is .9" shorter than the stock and the 17" is 1.1" taller than stock.

You would want a 225/40/17 and there are pretty much none of those. You would have to go 235/40/17 and depending on wheel and fender work they rub.

I am running 215/40/17 with zero issues but Im on a 7.5" rim on an 8" its a bit stretched.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Nope I use 225/45/15 on my e30.

Ugh. I see what youre saying about diameter. I wanted to run 225s at least. Looks like these are a no go.

Comment

Nope I use 225/45/15 on my e30.

Ugh. I see what youre saying about diameter. I wanted to run 225s at least. Looks like these are a no go.
                    Ok so your Speedo is off on your car then its reading around 3mph to low (although these speedo's are not very accurate so that's not a huge deal). You also raised your gear ratio effective rate. So say you have a 4.10 in there now, with smaller tires your effective gear ratio is 4.26.

Comment

And to throw a curve ball in there Im running a 3.64.
                      But speedo doesnt bother me.... not being able to stuff 225-45-17 does. Maybe if I roll the lips...

Comment

And to throw a curve ball in there Im running a 3.64.
                        But speedo doesnt bother me.... not being able to stuff 225-45-17 does. Maybe if I roll the lips...
                        Your ratio is 3.78 then.

I would throw some 235/40/17s on there with a 20 offset I think the rears would be ok. The fronts are hit and miss depending mine rubbed when I had them but very slightly if you rolled the fender you should be fine.

Comment

Problem with 235-40-14 is theres like 3 tires to choose from.

BTW, love your S54 project.

Comment

Problem with 235-40-14 is theres like 3 tires to choose from.

BTW, love your S54 project.
                            235-40R17 I assume.

Ohh thats why you want to go 225/45/17 yea i get that many people do because of the variety of tire. They wont fit, you have more then fenders to worry about those will rub on the inside too due to the height.

You need 225/40/17 which they dont make many of but they do have one if you dont need all season which is a decent tire.
                            https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

As for 235/40/17 there are like 6 different tires, 10 if you include race/autocross.
                            https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17

Thanks btw!

Comment

Working...
                            X