Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24V SWAP Brake Booster Update!!!!

A great fit brake booster, Parts number: 251 612 101 C From VW T3
    only modification need is swap end rod with the big hole from the E30 booster otherwise, it fits right on!

Although, it is 1CM short to the max length VS the E30 OEM, but it still gives a prefect power boost

Overall, the fitments is perfect, the fitment is great, the power is decent! No relocation needed!

I have M54B30 swap with my e30, with this booster, it goes and stops as I wanted!

Fitment overview

Comment

Hmmm,

I had a couple of type 3's a long while back-- I'm not finding that part number.

Are you referring to a Vanagon as a type 3?

That booster looks like a very good fit.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Good find! The only complaint I have is replacement parts when you are working with a booster from a car that stopped production in 1973.

Comment

Pretty sure he is talking about a T3 Transporter (Vanagon) and not an aircooled.
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I just measured my booster, which I think is from the 320i, and it's a hair over 9" in diameter. I had the same clearance with my M54.

Comment

How does this compare to the X3 booster or E9x booster?

Comment

Right now I'm leaning towards an e83 booster, as it has hookups on the correct side and requires minimal modification to clevis/rod. It does, from what I've seen, require shaving M50 manifold fins.

Does anybody know of a magic bullet booster/MC combo that fits the bolt pattern, easily mates up with Cleetus, doesn't require remote reservoir, and doesn't require fin shaving? I've been looking at hot rod 8" boosters, but not sure whether they make one that will fit the bolt pattern.

I was hoping to find an MC/booster combo that requires little or no modification, if possible. So far every thing I've found requires one or two modifications.

Comment

ATE 944 booster fits your criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                    ATE 944 booster fits your criteria.
                    You don't have to shave fins? I thought it fit everything except diameter.

Comment

That all depends on motor mounts you use.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                        That all depends on motor mounts you use.
                        I was planning to use new OEM E28 rubber mounts, as this will be a street car.

Comment

Working...
                        X