dbw for ms41.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dbw for ms41.2?

Is it possible to use the dbw e46 pedal with an ms41.2 ecu?
    If not, is it possible to use ms43 on a m50?

Trying to see if this route is viable or should i just go with an ecumaster and do it that way?
    sigpic

I’d do Link over ecu master. But it comes down to how fluent is the standalone to the tuner you’re going to use.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

If I was going to standalone I was thinking ecumaster for the plug and play for the od2 harness so I wouldn't have to get another harness to do the plug and play for link e36x ecu.

I think Rama does ecumaster and he is in Sydney so if i was thinking if I went down that route I'd just visit him?

But could I ask why link over ecumaster? Is it just better? If so I'd go through the hassle of doing a repinned m50tu harness.
      sigpic

Comment

MS41 has zero hardware for DBW.

MS43 can be used on a single vanos M5x, check out ba114 's build thread (although he retrofit the dual vanos onto an M50NV head, so no longer single vanos) starting around post 187:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...85#post9923085

Link E36X is vague about DBW support, I think it supports some DBW E-Throttles but not others, otherwise requires a separate module.
        Also a shame it has the OBD1 M50TU connector instead of the MS41 connector/pinout.

I think Ecumaster EMU Black does support DBW and is basically just as capable, plus has the OBD2 PNP adapter.
        Only immediately obvious downsides are the higher price, and it doesn't seem to have onboard storage for logging.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Thanks for the reply and confirming that 41 wont do it.
          Awesome, been reading the emu black manual. Looks like it will do the job. Maxxecu also looks like a good option too with a plug and play option.
          Price is fine if it does everything I need it to do. Lack of data logger sucks but I did see they have a logger module which I'll just have to factor in.
          sigpic

Comment

FWIW, MS43 will pitch a cow if you try to run it on a single vanos motor.
            I suppose you could recode it, but at that point, standalone's more flexible.

And MS43's DBW is more than 20 years old now.

t
            likes a throttle rod.
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X