No announcement yet.

MAZUR's E30 S50 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey nice build mazur, the only thing i disagree with is the use of shell oil. Its absolute rubbush manufactored from group 1 base oil(sludge), Might pay to run something better through such a good build.
    Just my

Comment

He meant Shell gasoline.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

sick build! x2 on the vids......and btw do you have any problem tellin us exactly how much you spent on this whole turbo build??

Comment

Originally posted by e30 335i View Post
          hey nice build mazur, the only thing i disagree with is the use of shell oil. Its absolute rubbush manufactored from group 1 base oil(sludge), Might pay to run something better through such a good build.
          Just my
          I used to use Mobil 1 for several years and have been using Amsoil for the past couple of years.

No sludge here. I tried out one of Amsoil's specially formulated oils that supposedly had extra detergents to remove any sludge in your engine. My friend sold me on it saying his oil came out black for the first two changes and then finally cleaned up on the third...Well, I poured the red oil into my engine, and after 8,000 miles it came out red as well, lol.

Originally posted by Kuhchow View Post
          sick build! x2 on the vids......and btw do you have any problem tellin us exactly how much you spent on this whole turbo build??

At my completion point, I had spent just over $5200 (still includes oil cooler setup which is not installed yet). I also used my spread sheet to determine how much money I have saved by waiting for deals to come around and making my own manifold, which came out to over $3k. $2k of which I save on just my standalone and manifold.

Comment

wow good build thread man, I read to whole thing haha. I'd like to turbo my m50 someday

Comment

How's the tuning coming along bro?

Any dyno graphs yet? :twisted:

Collecting parts for my turbo set-up right now, I need more inspiration! :hitler:
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Are you an Engineer by chanse? This is crazy, keep it up!
                Originally posted by e30e
                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                  Quoted for fail.

Comment

Sweet build!

Would you happen to have the wiring spreadsheet or anything you used for wiring up the aem ems?
                    -Frank
                    1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                    1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                    2001 525i

Comment

Please dont let your friend drive this one. It would be like killing a unicorn, or slapping God in the face.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                      You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                        I'm going to school for mechanical engineering.

Originally posted by E30_pilot View Post

Would you happen to have the wiring spreadsheet or anything you used for wiring up the aem ems?
                        The wiring pin-out cost me, so I don't feel good about giving it up for free.

Progress has been a little stressing. I appear to be getting some knock at upper RPM's with what is considered to be conservative timing at only 8psi. So far it has cost me two headgaskets

My friend's and I have been trying to track down the problem and I'm beginning to think the AEM box is the core source of the problem, but I am not 100% sure yet. I'll be sending my EMS to AEM to have it checked out and hopefully the things I at least know are wrong with it are repairable. I just need to find a good time to do it since my E30 is my main mode of transportation.

Don't worry, though, I have not forgotten about this thread, I just haven't done much worth posting. I'm pretty busy throughout the week, and when I do have some spare time I'm usually too lazy to spend it on my car, especially since any work that I do must be done by the end of that day.

My goal for the car is to get it track ready. Until I feel like I've done what needs to be done, I will not be visiting the dyno.

I also have several other side projects that I'm doing, one of which includes a BBK setup with dual master cylinders, for which I'm hoping to begin CNC'ing the parts for pretty soon. It's one of the things on my to-do list for track preparation.

A lot of shit going on, but keeps me from being bored! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                        X