Interest in s54/s62/etc. plug-n-play?
Collapse
X
-
My garage/house flooded during the rain here last month. Progress on the e30s has stopped for a while.
Oh. And it turn out my s54 has a cracked block. FMLLeave a comment:
-
RE: update
Yeah, I've got a local machine shop making up a couple of parts for me.
I hope to prep an S54 for install into my M-Technic tomorrow, and actually start pulling the M-T's engine out tomorrow too.
Have switched gears more times than a lap at Putnam with my 4.45 diff in terms of how to do the DBW delete, but KNOW that I've got the answer now....This is going to really fix the problem and be WAY more affordable than whats out there now. We'll be offering a soup to nuts DBW delete with a proper T-cable for your car(E30 or E36), the parts needed, and of course some instructions as well. It will require minimal modification to your engine, or, perhaps none if you don't care as much about appearances... details to follow.
There is a group of us here in IL and WI that are putting their heads and time and money together to make this happen and I'm very appreciative of their help. Sometimes just talking back and forth cross-pollinates some ideas and that makes a big difference.
Alex.Leave a comment:
-
-
I should have gotten some audio of how mine sounded through the TMS equal length headers and Thermal muffler.Leave a comment:
-
Can I whore out my car too?
S52 ftmfw
I have the money for those cams now, Polak :DLeave a comment:
-
A few good sounding s50s/s52s:
Yours does sound good for an s54. However, it's much rarer to find a good sounding s54 vs. the s502/s52s
The usual bad sounding ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4j8zUwyg5Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hej6IFt9Aqo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdFXdL3sI4&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNf5m2tMY8k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4S3hDcp7TY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L5z7wGGCsA&NR=1Last edited by e30polak; 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM.Leave a comment:
-
-
Definitely one of the better ones I've heard. Most M/S swaps I've heard sound too raspy and high pitched. Doesn't sound good at all. Everyone else seems to like that kind of sound, though, so I guess I'm in the minority.
MattLeave a comment:
-
I'd like to think that my s52 sounds pretty good, as do others with well sorted exhaust set-ups (yes this is just another chance for me to whore my car out)I agree, I've never really heard an E46 M3 that sounded good. But then, I've never heard any M/S50/52's that sounded all that great, either. Something about them just sounds too ricey.
But then, that white S62 E30 sounded meh, too. Not loud enough and/or not "angry" enough, lol.
Maybe I'm just a fan of pushrod v8's, lol. ;)
It would be sweet, though, if the OP was still going to reprogram the ECU's.
Matt
Leave a comment:
-


Leave a comment: