No announcement yet.

E30 24V Intake Set-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I said I'd post back when I had the air box installed, and my swap is finally done and the air box is in.

As for my impressions, I very much like it. I can't really give that great of an impression of it since I never drove the car with the M50 and any other intake, but I will say it gives a very nice growl and it gives the engine bay a VERY clean and professional look. I'm very happy with the product, the fitment and quality are top notch. The price is a bit steep, but that is to be expected with a low-production item like this. I would say it's definitely a great product, I can't really speak to the difference it makes versus any other kind of intake, but I will say that I'm very happy with my choice to go with the Castros box.:up:

Comment

Clean swap. Airbox looks bichin'. Great job.
      1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
      1985 535is Zinno on Black
      1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
      1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
      1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

I have my BAR appt tomorrow. Here is a picture of how my intake is, and then a picture of how I am going to bring it to the appt. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
          Well, I said I'd post back when I had the air box installed, and my swap is finally done and the air box is in.

As for my impressions, I very much like it. I can't really give that great of an impression of it since I never drove the car with the M50 and any other intake, but I will say it gives a very nice growl and it gives the engine bay a VERY clean and professional look. I'm very happy with the product, the fitment and quality are top notch. The price is a bit steep, but that is to be expected with a low-production item like this. I would say it's definitely a great product, I can't really speak to the difference it makes versus any other kind of intake, but I will say that I'm very happy with my choice to go with the Castros box.:up:
          Glad you like the product, your engine bay looks great!
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by rlddlr53 View Post
            I have my BAR appt tomorrow. Here is a picture of how my intake is, and then a picture of how I am going to bring it to the appt. lol

Both intake set-ups aren't very efficient. Your first one is a hot-air, short ram set-up. Then you have the e36 airbox, with a nasty restriction in the intake boot.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yeah, but my goal is only to get the sticker lol then I will be buying a castros box

Comment

yeah, but my goal is only to get the sticker lol then I will be buying a castros box
                I know, just being a prick. :p

Comment

you think it will be sufficient for BAR? It was a PITA to cut the box in half, and somehow make it fit. I tried bending the e30 airbox mounting bracket as much as I can

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  I know, just being a prick. :p

Comment

you think it will be sufficient for BAR? It was a PITA to cut the box in half, and somehow make it fit. I tried bending the e30 airbox mounting bracket as much as I can
                    Ya, Danny passed with just a K&N filter on his MAF.

Comment

I passed visual. Sniff test failed. Buying new cats now

Comment

Non-ABS E30s can fit the E36 Intake no problem into that space with some very slight trimming on the bottom of the intake.

If you relocate the ABS you can fit it. And you can just put the ABS on PASS shelf.

Just FFT
                        Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                        Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                        Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

where can I buy a castros box? :D
                          e30 325is

MODS:
                          s52 obd2 swap
                          Z3 M 5 lug conversion
                          Apex 17' wheels

Comment

Thanks bubbajan21, for posting pic's. Anyone else who interested in our CAI box, PM me or POLAK.
                            www.CASTROMOTORSPORT.com

Castro Motorsport
                            12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
                            North Hollywood, CA 91605
                            818-765-3606

Follow Castro's on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castro...02411516506828

Follow Castro's on Instagram:
                            http://instagram.com/castromotorsport#

sigpic

Comment

Here's what I made one afternoon. It's made from aluminum sheet metal and an engine bay gasket I found in my garage. I'd like to take it out and paint it black, but it works very well at keeping heat out. If you look beside my ABS pump you'll see some 3" tubing that takes air from the front brake duct.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
                                I have this running from headlight from kamotors
                                What mech fan are you running?

Comment

Working...
                                X