E30 24V Intake Set-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

built the heatshield last night

Last edited by giantkeeper; 06-25-2011, 12:24 PM.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
      built the heatshield last night

Nice! where did you get the material for your heat shield? mcmastercarr?
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
        Nice! where did you get the material for your heat shield? mcmastercarr?
        US Plastics - I ordered a sheet of 2'x4' expanded PVC. I paid $20 shipped, the heat shield is all one piece and fits perfect. Test run today in 100 degree heat yielded a 20 degree difference at the intake compared to the rest of the bay and no degradation of the PVC.

Tomorrow I have a group drive and GTG across town in the hottest part of the day. That will be a good test for it.

Comment

thanks, Im going to order a piece now!
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

thanks, Im going to order a piece now!
            I don't think the thickness I got will hold up to your track days....you may want to go thicker.

Comment

did you get an 1/8in thick? maybe I should go with 1/4. Did you use a heat gun to form it?
              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

did you get an 1/8in thick? maybe I should go with 1/4. Did you use a heat gun to form it?
                Yes, definitely do 1/4. Heat gun worked great!

Comment

114 degrees and 100 mile drive.......

1/8" expanded PVC 0 - AZ heat 1

Comment

Here's my setup:

Comment

Im using the KA intake. Carbon fiber heat shield and the build quality is great. I recommend it, plus you cant beat the price
                      ^M52B28^

Comment

I see some pretty nice heat shields in here, especially the one 2 posts above.

Here is our (Castro's) airbox set-up for reference with a 3" > 3.5" Bimmerworld boot, and the MAF inside the airbox:

Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

More pircs:

S14/M42 radiator old "massive"version (gap by the headlight on the lid has been filled on updated version, and it is not as large for swap cars):

M20 Coolant reservoir box:

Pics of the M20 Coolant reservoir box with the top off.

(Note: this was the original box, cracks seen were caused by weaker/poorer quality material. Newer versions don't experience the same issues)

Pics from the front of the car, with the headlights removed to show ABS clearance.

Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                            I see some pretty nice heat shields in here, especially the one 2 posts above.

Here is our (Castro's) airbox set-up for reference with a 3" > 3.5" Bimmerworld boot, and the MAF inside the airbox:

quoted for reference

Comment

I think I am going to buy Castros setup as well. That is just bitchin.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                                I think I am going to buy Castros setup as well. That is just bitchin.
                                exactly what I said when I melted my homemade unit. I've been talking to E30Polak and he has done nothing but reaffirm the desire to add this unit to my car!

Comment

Working...
                                X