E30 24V Intake Set-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 24V Intake Set-Up

Hello, I am looking at what intake to put into my M50 swapped E30 and wanted some opinions from people who have done the swap. I have seen a lot of people just run a K&N off of the MAF, but I really don't like the idea of sucking in hot engine bay air, and I've read that it is bad (for the sake of power) to have a filter right on the end of the MAF. So, if people could just post up their intake set-ups, it would be much appreciated. Does anyone know if a Eurosport Kit (http://www.eurosporthighperformance.com/intakes.html) will fit in an E30 engine bay, and if so what kinds of modifications to it are necessary?

I dont have any pics of mine but its under the car. down bye the fog light,
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I always worry about sucking in water down low, but I guess living in CA, it doesn't rain enough to make that a big issue.:D

Comment

I have this running from headlight from kamotors
        1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

I actually have mine for sale. used for only 2 months. I cant use it becuase I changed over to a 3.5 euro hfm. I loved this intake, it sounded good and had its own heat shield. It also looks great in your engine bay. $60 shipped and its yours.

95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

what makes the ka motors one not work with a euro maf?
            I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I don't have one, but I would think because the hole on the end is probably 3" to fit over the stock MAF, and it doesn't fit over the 3.5" MAF.

Comment

^correct. I need a 3.5in intake
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

This thread contains the pictures of my airbox from castros:

Comment

can't go wrong with a stock airbox

[PAKSIW]
                    20D .........
                    vmwerks :up:
                    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

^+1

Comment

I have the kamotors setup too and like it a lot. You don't even really need to remove the headlight.

Comment

I honestly found the ka motors a little restrictive. Like the inlet was too small at least for my s50. So I did some experimenting before I sold it because I have a 3.5hfm now.

Try unscrewing the front tube and front cover but leave the carbon fiber shield. Also remove your headlight cover. I found that my car had improved response, felt faster, and had a deeper sound. Try it and let me know.

If ka motors made a 3.5in intake, I would buy it and not use the front cover and tube.
                          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

I'm using the BMC CDASP-03. It works with the 3.5 HFM, and just barely fits if you remove the cruise control bracket.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                              ^+1

I love this set up. Might want to re position your maf. Its been proven that you get a better tune if your maf is positioned at 10-11 oclock (you standing at the front of the car). I've searched it and found a lot of info on bimmerforums. Just never found out why but it works for me.
                              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X