Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24v Swap Nugget Thread - Drop yours here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This swap will always cost more then you plan.

If you have the space too buy a whole parts car do it. My s50 swap is almost free after selling off alot of the m3
    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
      ^first swap i ever did years ago we did this. it was a mother Fer. No lift. Had 4 people pick the car up and set it down over the subframe/engine.
      This sounds fun :p

Comment

You are getting unresolvable misfire codes ?

don't trust the very clean looking crankshaft and camshaft sensor shielded cable, cut it trought and " surprise " !!

Comment

Another nugget is if your buying the revshift guibo, make sure you have the open flanged! And not the closed flange, because now I have to either grind to make clearance or change it. I already have the dumb engine in!

And figure out what your going to do regarding fuel pressure regulator, I neglected that.

Comment

I've searched around and can't find consistant info. I have a m50nv that was an auto. I found a zf tranny that I want to use but I don;t know what flywheel and clutch to use. I want a good DD with ocasional drift sessions. Can you please help me out?
            SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

Originally posted by drummerchubbs View Post
              I've searched around and can't find consistant info. I have a m50nv that was an auto. I found a zf tranny that I want to use but I don;t know what flywheel and clutch to use. I want a good DD with ocasional drift sessions. Can you please help me out?
              Gripforce Clutches

You can get a whole LTW Flywheel, and clutch setup for under $500
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)

Comment

Doesn't matter. You simply need a matching starter/clutch/flywheel/throw out bearing combo. You need the pilot bearing from a ZF and slave cylinder to match.

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  Gripforce Clutches

You can get a whole LTW Flywheel, and clutch setup for under $500
                  This is AMAZING news! Thanks. Great prices. I'm running a stock set-up with no plans to make major mods. I'm thinking about the Gripforce OE Clutch Kit and Chromoly Flywheel. I want stock clutch feel. Couple more follow up questions:

1) Will this make the engagement really low like some other people are experiencing?
                  2) Will getting the aluminum lighter flywheel be better for my application?

Thanks...I'm a transmission/flywheel/clutch noob. :(
                  SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

This is AMAZING news! Thanks. Great prices. I'm running a stock set-up with no plans to make major mods. I'm thinking about the Gripforce OE Clutch Kit and Chromoly Flywheel. I want stock clutch feel. Couple more follow up questions:

1) Will this make the engagement really low like some other people are experiencing?
                    2) Will getting the aluminum lighter flywheel be better for my application?

Thanks...I'm a transmission/flywheel/clutch noob. :(
                    Don't get any of their 8 pound ones . I just ordered a 14lb one and stage 2 for like $450 shipped with their coupon.
                    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                      Don't get any of their 8 pound ones . I just ordered a 14lb one and stage 2 for like $450 shipped with their coupon.
                      I was about to order but I got a call from the guy I'm buying the trans and he had an "almost new" clutch and flywheel set up too. I'm just gonna run that. Any reason not too?

Comment

Another question, I have a 92 e36 auto. Will that radiator work? I know I need the 88+ e30 expansion tank but I'm unsure about the auto part of the radiator.

Comment

Sure. Just like when I did my manual swap, leave the lines for the auto-tragic empty.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Sure. Just like when I did my manual swap, leave the lines for the auto-tragic empty.
                            I haven't look at the radiator yet but can you elaborate on "leaving the lines empty"?

Comment

A lot of automatics (in all cars) have the radiator cool the transmission fluid. Only difference between a manual radiator and an auto is the provisions for the transmission lines to circulate through it. Just leave those lines off. The manual-specific radiator may/may not have those holes in them.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Do I need to plug the holes on the rad or something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X