Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    That torque jump...

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Are these OBD 1 tunes or OBD 2. Or does it not matter? Can you remote tune?

Comment

Wow, that s52 is healthy!
        84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          That torque jump...
          Under curve :)

So many people only look at peak.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Have you ever spent any time tuning on a dyno? I have before/after that gained 40wtq and 40whp. Same dyno, same day, consecutive runs. :)
            So you took naturally aspirated 6 cylinder BMW car stock with stock tune then did a dyno run then tuned it then did another dyno run and made 40hp/40tq?

Comment

By the looks of it be did ~40 runs and picked up at max delta 30 in the midrange...

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                So you took naturally aspirated 6 cylinder BMW car stock with stock tune then did a dyno run then tuned it then did another dyno run and made 40hp/40tq?
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

All kinds of HPs and TQs and stuff. I'm diggin' it.

Comment

Dave is the Fk'n man!
                    sigpic

Check out my build thread!! :p

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288383

Comment

Dave do you do charity case tunes hahaha?

Serious question though i noticed you changed the site up and didnt see any reference to obd1 tune prices. How much would it be to do a obd1 dyno tune? Do you have an emulator you can plug up for dyno then flash final tune to a chip?

Comment

I personally hate doing obd1 stuff. For one, don't have an emulator so I'm constantly flashing chips at dyno, in addition to that the obd1 cars I have tuned I've never been happy with. They usually don't come to me working/running at 100% and tuning them is a headache. Sometimes I'll do 3 runs without changing a single
                        Thing and the hp/tq will waver by 20
                        For whatever reason. Also
                        The knock sensor feedback is abismal so max power dyno tuning is fun...

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I personally hate doing obd1 stuff. For one, don't have an emulator so I'm constantly flashing chips at dyno
                          Are you saying you have the 28F200 emulator for MS41 and you do real time tuning on a dyno?

Comment

I have an emulator. Do I use it at dyno? No. Reflash time is ~49 seconds so don't really need it. Only thing I use it for is full flashes (256k)

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                              Red label 413 s52 swapped e30 with forged pistons (10.5:1), sunbelt cams, obd1 manifold, 3.5" MAF, 24lb injectors and long tube headers. Same dyno same day, same tuning session. It probably would have done a little better if it was left to cool down, it was pretty heat soaked by the end. The first pull was a very popular companies mail-order chip made for this particular combination.

I use TunerPro RT and an emulator.

By the looks of it be did ~40 runs and picked up at max delta 30 in the midrange...
                              Yes, right where the RPM's are post gear shift. Didn't pick up peak power, but 30hp at the shift made it a whole new car to drive. Peak torque really moved up as well as area under the curve.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

post up the name of the original chip maker? was it is vanos or ignition timing the biggest gain?
                                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                                X