Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo time for my S50 on a "budget"

Hey,

First sorry to see this happen on a build that was done so thoroughly (very well thought out and executed). I just happened to be reading a blog a few weeks ago written by an engineer comparing H beam rods to I beam rods. Here is a link to that page:

You will need to scroll down half of the page it is in section 6. It looks like that it isn't just your rod manufacturer, but maybe all H beam rods are inherently weak. Again, sorry that your build went this way, it seems looking back the stock rods might have worked for you (but we all know that hind sight is 20/20). Looking forward to keeping up with your progress on your next build. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks,

There is no way that stock rods would have held up to more than 5-8psi. I actually went with K1 based off of my engine builders recommendation. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Originally posted by Dgerry View Post
      Hey,

First sorry to see this happen on a build that was done so thoroughly (very well thought out and executed). I just happened to be reading a blog a few weeks ago written by an engineer comparing H beam rods to I beam rods. Here is a link to that page:

You will need to scroll down half of the page it is in section 6. It looks like that it isn't just your rod manufacturer, but maybe all H beam rods are inherently weak. Again, sorry that your build went this way, it seems looking back the stock rods might have worked for you (but we all know that hind sight is 20/20). Looking forward to keeping up with your progress on your next build. Keep up the good work!
      1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
      5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Working...
      X