Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a module to correct MPG gauge and OBC MPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome, you know a price range?
    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

If you are in the $100.00 range, I'm definitely in.

I've been looking forward to this!

Comment

i am down too... I may even take a few of them for the other e30 I am workin on.
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

My first batch of circuit boards are in. The code and layout are finalized. Testing is progressing on several cars with positive results. For my car, I filled-up last week and calculated 26.1 MPG which was only POINT ONE off what the OBC said!!

Unfortunately, I have the movers coming tomorrow and won't be able to start production with the kind of Quality Assurance I want until mid July.

This is a quality product that will work on any DOHC conversion. It should also work on any car that has had the fuel injectors changed resulting in bad MPG readings.
          Attached Files

Comment

First
            price please. i want first batch!!!!
            NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Count me in. I've been waiting for this!

*rubs hands together*

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Add me to the list!

Comment

Oh man, this is great.

Let us know when these are ready to go out.
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Add me in
                    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

For those interested in this product, here's my two cents:

Since my conversion was completed a few years ago, I was annoyed that the MPG gauge was now useless and my OBC said I was getting 48 MPG. Also, I really missed having the OBC range feature work.

So I contacted Steve (Hoveringuy) about this a few weeks ago and since he lived within driving distance, he agreed to let me try a prototype.

Additionally, he even offered to install it (maybe he feared my mechanical skills?)

I had never met Steve before this.

Turns out, Steve is a very interesting guy. A helicopter pilot, very intelligent and his product ROCKS!

He was able to install the device in less than five minutes. The board is so small that it easily hides in my e30 M3 wiring cover.

The device is adjustable to allow for various engine configurations (mine is s50 with Shricks, injectors etc.) so we drove around a few miles stopping to tweak it.

What a fantastic device!

It works perfectly! My MPG gauge is accurate again as are all of my related OBC functions.

In the few weeks I've had this on my car, I've checked the OBC MPG, oh, about a thousand times and I'm loving it.

Thank you Steve! You are da' Man!:bow:

Two thumbs up for a great guy and a terrific product.

Comment

Great to see this getting up!

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                        As promised, I finally had time to connect the 'scope to find the fuel signal waveform. Attached is a picture. It's a 12Hz signal, normal state is 13.5volts and it goes to ground for 1.2 milliseconds at idle.

As expected, the pulse width gets wider under load.

I'll start working on a PIC design now.
                        Out of interest, are the signal details and 'scope trace you posted of the E30 ECU output or the M50 ECU output? Just wondering about applications of what you've done to people using aftermarket EFI such as megasquirt.

Comment

Originally posted by dougsic View Post
                          For those interested in this product, here's my two cents:

Since my conversion was completed a few years ago, I was annoyed that the MPG gauge was now useless and my OBC said I was getting 48 MPG. Also, I really missed having the OBC range feature work.

So I contacted Steve (Hoveringuy) about this a few weeks ago and since he lived within driving distance, he agreed to let me try a prototype.

Additionally, he even offered to install it (maybe he feared my mechanical skills?)

I had never met Steve before this.

Turns out, Steve is a very interesting guy. A helicopter pilot, very intelligent and his product ROCKS!

He was able to install the device in less than five minutes. The board is so small that it easily hides in my e30 M3 wiring cover.

The device is adjustable to allow for various engine configurations (mine is s50 with Shricks, injectors etc.) so we drove around a few miles stopping to tweak it.

What a fantastic device!

It works perfectly! My MPG gauge is accurate again as are all of my related OBC functions.

In the few weeks I've had this on my car, I've checked the OBC MPG, oh, about a thousand times and I'm loving it.

Thank you Steve! You are da' Man!:bow:

Two thumbs up for a great guy and a terrific product.
                          Hi Doug!
                          well said! we should have all met at one time and made it a small e30 meet at Steve's house:-)

i met Steve last week and he installed the device(his prototype one) on my 90 e30m3 with

the s52 swap(stock injectors) and i must say THANK YOU STEVE!!!!!!!

really nice guy and has the smarts to back it up-the signal conversion board he created was well

made w/ very easy to follow instructions.

it was nice seeing my obc reading 40 miles a gallon specially with the high gas prices

nowdays but i know,that was all wishful thinking....

anyway,it corrected that problem and now i got full obc functions again in relation to mpg

and range.

from what i understand,it also corrects the fuel consumption gauge on the

cluster(econometer) but as most of you know,the e30 m3 doesn't have that option....

Steve also mentioned that this would work on my e36m3 that has the higher flowing

injectors due to the twinscrew supercharger install so,this product would also benefit e30/e36 m/s

50/52 force induction guys.

i'll be installing it soon on the e36m3(he sent me a final production one) and will post my

findings on here and spread the word out on bimmerforums FI section.....

thanks again to Steve aka "hoveringuy" for an excellent and well made product that would

benefit all of the m/s 50/52 swappers on here....

rob:-)
                          Last edited by vr4boy; 06-10-2008, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vr4boy View Post
                            Hi Doug!

from what i understand,it also corrects the fuel consumption gauge on the cluster(econometer) but as most of you know,the e30 m3 doesn't have that option....
                            Hey Rob,

While yes, Steve is the man, I'm the one that suggested you to him so you owe me. For a ride in that twin screw though, I'll call it even.

For those wondering, indeed Steve's device has the econometer working exactly as it did with the m20.

My car is presently in the upholstery shop getting a new top ($1,300) but to tell you the truth, I think I'll appreciate Steve's device more.

Comment

When can I get on this bandwagon...damn Marylanders got the first crack at it! Some love for NJ??

Rob, how many cars you have now? When I picked up that mtech II kit you were at 4, whats the count now?

Matt

Comment

Im sorry did I miss the price?

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                                X