Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's possible that is just a generic picture of a head kit. If the kit doesn't come with all of them you can go to the nearest auto parts store and get a couple of more seals. Technically it should come with everything, you can never go by just what you see in the pick. Cus it might just be fore another type of i6.
    sigpic
    85 swartz/metallic 325E
    84 alpine 325E
    85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
    84 Bronzit 318i/sold
    purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

my 91 318is e30 is about to go through a 24v swap process. the list of parts goes as follows:

Motor M52

Harness M3 Obd1

Manifold with fuel rail Obd1

Oil pan,sump,dipstick

DME

ZF tranny M3 with linkage

Drive shaft M3

Brake Booster

Flywheel M3

Oil pan gasket

S50 clutch kit

pilot bearing

flex disc

my few questions are the following:

1. is there anything else i need or thats missing?
      2. will i need to beef up the fuel pump with a walboro or the liking?
      3. are there any remedies for raising the motor so the pan isnt horribly close to the ground?
      4. what would be a good solution for the header/exhaust system? ive read up on here that some guys use the following linked below. any insight? ive read that the ebay setup is basically an OE header setup thats been "made pretty"

OBX:

Other system:

FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
      silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Comment

If I were you I would not get the header setup from speed daddy. I ordered a header from about 2 months ago for my m10 and they shipped me the wrong one, and wouldn't give me an exchange for it. When I contacted them to return it I had to wait almost three weeks for them to send me the RMA I needed to have so that I could ship it back. It was a huge hassle. If you get the obx one let met me know how that works in your swap, cus I'm in the process of doing an m52 swap in my 85 e30.
        sigpic
        85 swartz/metallic 325E
        84 alpine 325E
        85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
        84 Bronzit 318i/sold
        purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman View Post
          If I were you I would not get the header setup from speed daddy. I ordered a header from about 2 months ago for my m10 and they shipped me the wrong one, and wouldn't give me an exchange for it. When I contacted them to return it I had to wait almost three weeks for them to send me the RMA I needed to have so that I could ship it back. It was a huge hassle. If you get the obx one let met me know how that works in your swap, cus I'm in the process of doing an m52 swap in my 85 e30.

thanks for the input. as far as the parts list above and the questions: does anyone have any insight?
          FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
          silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Comment

Ok, questions time. This thing I have highlighted and pointed to is the A/C compressor bracket, right? I don't have A/C, nor will this engine. Can this whole assembly be removed and ditched, or does anything else bolt to it that I need?
            Attached Files

Comment

Nope. Just take it off.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

AWESOME. Thanks, Josh!

Comment

Yeah I took mine off completely as well. Maybe I'll regret it in the summer but until then, I'm ok.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

Do I have to pull the whole big crank/cog thing off the front to be able to remove that thing?

Comment

Nope. Just take a small wrench and spin it off a few mm at a time.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                        Nope. Just take a small wrench and spin it off a few mm at a time.
                        It doesn't look like the bolts will come out all the way. I'll give it another shot.

Comment

It was a few months ago so I don't remember exactly what happend but I was able to take my ac bracket off without removing any of the crank pullys.

Comment

you just have to pull the 6 13mm bolts on the crank that hold the pulley on, then the 2 13mm in the front and 4 13mm on the side to pull the bracket off
                            looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                            email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Awesome, I'll check it out.

Comment

Went back and tried again, the pulley and the crank gear came right off after pulling those! A/C bracket removed, but I damaged my crank position sensor when I pulled it, accidentally put a big dent on the underside of it, probably rendering it useless. Anyone got a spare? If not, looks like they're only like $35 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X