Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure when you go to fire it, that your ICV and CPS sensors aren't hooked up backward to each other, or your car won't start. Ask me how I know.

Comment

And your fuel lines, ask me how i know lol.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
      first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        Make sure when you go to fire it, that your ICV and CPS sensors aren't hooked up backward to each other, or your car won't start. Ask me how I know.

i bet you were trippin when it wouldnt start then felt hella stupid when you figured out whats wrong lol
        i cant wait til mine is done though

mtech 2 325ic
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
        check out my donut vid
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

Originally posted by mohamadr89 View Post
          im so mad because i called the wrecking yard and they want about $900 for...
          the throttle cable, oil pick up tube, dip stick, motor mounts, oil pan, ix booster, 413 red lable dmw, intake boot and maf sensor. i know its a lot of stuff for a good price but i still wasnt expecting to pay all this!!
          All of these prices are off the top of my head/what I've seen them go for.

Throttle cable: $30
          pick up tube, pan, stick: $200
          Motor mounts: $100
          Ix booster: $100
          Red label: $100
          Intake/maf: $150?

Total: $680

$900 is way too much.

Comment

question:

i have a brand new 325ix booster thats going in with my m52 swap and the booster is hitting the intake manifold. apparently, by looking at it, the booster needs to be 2 or so inches smaller in diameter to clear the manifold.

is there something wrong or something being overlooked here? ill keep searching the forums (did prior to posting here) for an answer but was hoping someone may have a quicker one
            FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
            silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Comment

my iX booster w/ m m50

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

@Matt-B: so there shouldnt be any clearance issues correct? should just bolt right in with a little bit of clearance. the only "issue" is remote mounting the resevoir to clear the TB/intake boot correct?
                FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
                silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Comment

Ok, this is making me nuts. I have 6 qts. in the engine, and every time I start the car, my oil light is on, and when I check it, there's almost nothing on the dipstick, just a little drip at the end. Do I not have enough in there? I've found reports all over that a lot of people put 7 (or just a little over) quarts in their M50 and it's right to the line, others say that they're at the line with 6.
                  Last edited by Jand3rson; 06-05-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Ok, this is making me nuts. I have 6 qts. in the engine, and every time I start the car, my oil light is on, and when I check it, there's almost nothing on the dipstick, just a little drip at the end. Do I not have enough in there? I've found reports all over that a lot of people put 7 (or just a little over) quarts in their M50 and it's right to the line, others say that they're at the line with 6.
                    +1
                    I have no oil light on but I don't know how much oil my engine actually needs.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Josh,
                      linked below is a PDF copy of the BMW factory capacity chart take from it what you will, but it says you need 6 quarts for an m50 with an e34 oilpan. I know I'm above that b/c of my oil cooler setup though. Do you have an e34 oil level sensor in your pan or is it an e36 oil level sensor? I would guess that they could be calibrated for the different oil levels in the different chassis some how possibly with different parts as are the dipsticks and dipstick tubes.

http://bmw.tech.officelive.com/Docum...Capacities.pdf

Comment

I'm almost positive that everything on my engine is E34, except the arms. It's hard to tell on the dipstick tho, I can only assume it's the right one. It of course has oil on it after the car has run for a moment, but when I wipe it and stick it back down/pull it up, there's nothing but a tiny little droplet at the end.

Comment

Janderson,

Did you shove the metal tube all the way down in the pan?

Mine is reading right at the top of the "missile"

Comment

As far down as it would go, and still mount to the block. It's in the proper position, tight against the o-ring.

Comment

1) did you wire the OLS (oil level sensor) right? - static and dynamic.
                              2) Do you have enough oil. If your dipstick is infact the right one, and installed correctly (not very hard NOT do do) then you should be showing a higher mark. Simple test - add more oil. 7qt is a good #.

I'm actually leaking like crazy from here. Maybe my o-ring is long gone.
                              No more e30s for me.
                              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                              91 BMW 325i [sold]
                              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

i wonder if you put like 6 quarts in, and take tube out, and trim till it reads right? its possible its an e34 tube, maybe an e36 dipstick.

not sure how different they really are

Comment

Working...
                                X