Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the wire color off-hand, but it's the only connector like it in the harness, you should be able to find it fairly easily.

If you don't have it, that's worrying...

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
      I don't know the wire color off-hand, but it's the only connector like it in the harness, you should be able to find it fairly easily.

If you don't have it, that's worrying...
      ok lol. Thanks again! It might be tucked somewhere. Checking for it now.

Comment

It has to be there. The car it came from had an 02 sensor, so it's there, you're just not seeing it.

Comment

Regarding the O2 sensor connector location, there are 4 main branches coming out of the harness 'box' (the black plastic box that sits against the firewall and houses all the wires). One goes to the DME, one goes to the coil packs, one goes to the diagnostic connectors/MAF sensor, and finally the last one goes under the intake manifold to all the other sensors: ICV, temp sensor, crank position sensor, etc... And that is where the larger round O2 sensor connector is, bundled with those. So it is likely tucked up under the intake manifold somewhere.
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Thanks again for your help guys.
            So I got the o2 sensor in and now I have some running issues.

When I hit the gas and hold it at part or full throttle, It will r3v to a certain rpm and then cut fuel and spark then rev then cut, then rev then cut. over and over like an idle surge if you had bad vacuum lines but all mine are good.

I unhooked the TPS and noticed no difference at all, I also tried messing with the tps off the throttle and it didn't effect the engine at all.

I noticed if I restrict the intake/MAF then I can rev it a lil higher but still rev then cut.

Then after try to rev it the check engine light starts flashing so I cut it off.

When I try to do the stomp test I get nothing.

91 318is M50nv help

Comment

Check engine is flashing means you're dumping raw fuel into your cats. It tells you the danger of melting them.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and see if there is improvement.

Comment

disconnecting the maf kills it

Comment

Don't disconnect it while the car is running. Disconect the maf then stert the car and see if it runs better

Comment

won't stay alive when I unplug it.
                    The charcoal canister is supposed to have air sucked through the bottom right?

I'm searching for all sorts of vacuum leaks.

Comment

still nothing.. I'm still hitting a rev limiter at 2.5-3k max and it cuts in between that and idle

Comment

It sounds to me like you might have a bad ECU. Try a new one and see if it helps. Easier said than done, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Comment

thanks for your help!
                          I will try to grab a new ecu and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                            I'm almost positive that everything on my engine is E34, except the arms. It's hard to tell on the dipstick tho, I can only assume it's the right one. It of course has oil on it after the car has run for a moment, but when I wipe it and stick it back down/pull it up, there's nothing but a tiny little droplet at the end.
                            So I just checked the part number on my dipstick, and I have the E34 dipstick. Even right after driving and I check my oil, it's only up to the 1st line on the dipstick, and I have almost 7 qts. in there.

What the hell is the deal? It's not possible that the tube isn't all the way down, I have the supports bolted to the block holding it in the right position.

Comment

What mech fan can i run with a 24v and factory late model rad with shroud?
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

feeeehhh reading 80 pages took a long time!!! now its too much information and getting little confused! ahah

would like little help of your knowledge please.

Doing swap putting 1995 m3 S50 into my 1988 325is,

[ i have s50 engine, computer, tranny, drive shaft, lsd, accessories, e34 oil pan, dip stick, ] but as much as i read its easier to swap just the S50 Engine, and e34 oil pan swap, and keep my stock tranny, driveshaft, lsd [ will get 3.25], brake booster im going to move 1/2

What modifications i have to do to keep my stock tranny, driveshaft, lsd?
                                [because to keep the s50 e36 tranny driveshaft and lsd needs more modifications, as much as i understand... ]

Thanks alot!!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
                                http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
                                Few pictures:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

Working...
                                X