Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2man View Post
    I cant find the part # for the 2002 brake resevoir. one of the last things I need. I found the blue cloth hose 21521163714 but Im sure I need two fittings in addition to the resevoir itself.
    Is this it?

It's pretty easy to find parts when you already have a part number that is used in the same area. Just go to realoem.com and do a PART NR APPLICATION SEARCH with the hose PN and it should get close to where you need to be. Just click around a little.

Comment

Has anyone used a turbo manifold without a turbo to solve their manifold fitment issues?
      Function.
      Form.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
        Has anyone used a turbo manifold without a turbo to solve their manifold fitment issues?
        No. Why create a problem to solve a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by nokincy View Post
          No. Why create a problem to solve a problem?
          Not causing a problem when you have to make the entire exhaust from manifold back, no cat single pipe.
          Last edited by JdmEuroNorth; 12-11-2013, 08:05 PM.
          Function.
          Form.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
            Not causing a problem when you have to make the entire exhaust from manifold back, no cat single pipe.
            I guess I just don't see the point. Could it be done? Sure it could. But the fabrication would be the same amount. The eBay headers are not really that bad to fit (not saying I recommend them). On my swap the only modifications I had to make were to slightly grind 2 of the holes on the flange. EBay turbo manifolds are going to have the same quality issues. Plus I believe you'd most likely have to run a top mount if you didn't want to hack on the manifold, and if that's the case you'd have to make a down pipe which would be extra work..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nokincy View Post
              I guess I just don't see the point. Could it be done? Sure it could. But the fabrication would be the same amount. The eBay headers are not really that bad to fit (not saying I recommend them). On my swap the only modifications I had to make were to slightly grind 2 of the holes on the flange. EBay turbo manifolds are going to have the same quality issues. Plus I believe you'd most likely have to run a top mount if you didn't want to hack on the manifold, and if that's the case you'd have to make a down pipe which would be extra work..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
              The one I found was a rear, bottom exit. $139. I live in Northern Ontario, the cost of shipping a full exhaust is substantial. Emission testing is non-existent. I know it can be done, I want to know if it has been done and the results/sound/ etc.

Thanks guys.
              Function.
              Form.
              sigpic

Comment

That's still $10 more than the "correct" 24v swap eBay headers, which have been done countless times with little or no fitment issues.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i need some help. my s50 is in my car and all bolted down, but now i just have the wires to do and dont know where they all go, when i search, it just comes up with the harness that you splice in to the e30 body harness. i need something that shows me where all the wires from the engine harness go.

thanks in advanced.
                  - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                  @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

I cant seem to find the correct diagram for my 92' 318 convertible... I've looked at this:

but I cant find where it says what wires on the c101 do what...?

Feedback!
                    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Anybody use stock 325 trans mounts with a ZF trans in the swap? I have a set of new ones and don't really want to buy another set of e21 mounts.
                      84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

I did, and they work just fine.

Comment

in case any one wanted it. some manual thats helpful
                          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
                          my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Do I have to run an oil cooler for a 24v swap?

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            No, oil capacity is ~6QT on these engines, you are good without it.
                            Could you have run the oil cooler if wanted? Is there enough space?

Thanks

Comment

some nice swap info here I ran across

Comment

Found something interesting out that I didn't come across in any research. For those of us on a budget and are re-using the OBD1 exhaust manifolds, the rear header is actually slightly different between E36 and E34's. The front is the same but the rear has the flange rotated slightly. Found this out when I went to put the E36 Y-pipe I was hoping to use on and it didn't match the E34 OBD1 headers I'm using. Cross referenced part number and the rear header is different.
                                91 318is M50 swapped
                                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                                X