Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another S52 swap... but this time with a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be interested in seeing your car when you get it done. Keep up the good work.
    sigpic

Comment

im gonna start with my swap with the same motor as well, i am having a problem with the sump, the e34 sump does not work as the oil pump on my 3.2 is touching

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed_A View Post
        im gonna start with my swap with the same motor as well, i am having a problem with the sump, the e34 sump does not work as the oil pump on my 3.2 is touching
        With the e34 pickup tube for the pump to relocate it to where the sump is you should be all good.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
          With the e34 pickup tube for the pump to relocate it to where the sump is you should be all good.
          Thanks man ... i just found out that the 3.2 has 2 pick ups , one at the front and the other at the rear of the sump, thats the problem, the solution is to use a 3.0 pump...

thanks

Comment

When I'm done with my swap, I'll add every single detail I did with even routing the connections/power distribution and the wiring harness pin outs that I used for my adapter.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
              Update: 11/09/08

Got my ZF tranny cleaned up and ready to slap on. Also painted my s50 valve cover for my s52. Looks 100 times better now. Going to pressure wash my engine bay tomorrow morning.

Waiting on Pelicanparts to get me my damn motor mounts/tranny mounts/belts and stuff. Should be in by tuesday, and motor hopefully by this coming up weekend. I also made my wiring harness. Just haven't closed it up yet just incase I need to rewire some things.

Note: the open wires are for the oil level static & dynamic
              this might be a stupid question but why did you do the plug like that, is that from the s52 of m40??
              sorry but im confused about this adaptor story

Comment

Its a x20 female plug from a 93 325i and a 1/1990 c101 male plug for my 1/1990 female car side plug.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

thanks...
                  i assume u gonna be using the standard management/computer box? what about the ews, is there a way around it?

Comment

I'm using a 95 m3 wiring harness, with obd1 sensors (full conversion) and a ews delete chip tuned for intake/exhaust/3.5" hfm/24lb injectors from CSS (Chuck Stickley)

Comment

Thats awsome dude you beat me to it... Lol i bought the diff from you..

Comment

Ha. Sup man. Yea, I'm trying to get this thing on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                          Ha. Sup man. Yea, I'm trying to get this thing on the road.

any luck on the steering rack? wanna see the end product

Comment

Well I had a guy who offered but it seems that's a dead end road. I'm trying to source one out. Found one rebuilt for 300 but haven't jumped on it yet. As Christmas draws nearer, gotta have some money left over for my "babe" lol!

Comment

Didn't get much done today but I did happen to make a 3 dollar remote reservoir! Here's the finished product. Just gotta cut the nipple up front and attach a line for the clutch fluid line. It "should" clear the intake boot now. I've moved it quite a bit but retaining the stock brake fluid sensor wires without extending it. Wasn't too hard to modify the stock e32 reservoir to make it remote. Hope you like it. Looks pretty slick if you ask me.

-Jasper

Comment

Looks good, hope it fits, probably going to have to take it off to put the motor in, and I'm not quite sure if it'll fit, but good luck w/ that. Mine had to be on the inner fender up ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X