Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another S52 swap... but this time with a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3? nice work! it looks awesome.

Comment

Yea. Looks pretty oem to me. Here's a picture of the underside (just got back from a party kinda drunk).

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Guys, what wires are these? Its on the engine side (next to ecu location). Could I just cut these? Better yet back to my first question, what wires are these? Are these just extra wires I won't be needing?

Wire 1 - Color - Red - I'm assuming that's a power feed. Where should I hook that one up to?

Wire 2 (2 wires into one o connector) - Color - wire a) brown wire b)brown /w orange

Don't mind the fuse connector you see. PO of the wiring harness spliced that in, I guess for a power feed for his system.

-Jasper

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Yes that is your harness power and harness ground. Might not want to cut either. The power should connect to the main connector in the engine bay up next to where the ecu goes through, on that block, and the ground, well, its a ground, so ground it... Dunno what else to tell you bout that. I mounted mine to the battery tray there in the engine bay since mine's unused.

Comment

Yea, mr325 told me those were power and ground. Just was wondering because I was taking off couple of the power lines that were extra in the e36 harness that the e30 already had. I'm connecting my wiring harness right now trying to connect it to whatever, but I need to verify what I'm connecting. Gotta look at the etm. Oh yea, there's one line that has one wire and its a black/green and its cut off. Know what this connects to by anychance? Plus there seems to be another ground wire (with an O connector) and I have no idea where that goes. Its as long as the black/green wire.

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
              Yea, mr325 told me those were power and ground. Just was wondering because I was taking off couple of the power lines that were extra in the e36 harness that the e30 already had. I'm connecting my wiring harness right now trying to connect it to whatever, but I need to verify what I'm connecting. Gotta look at the etm. Oh yea, there's one line that has one wire and its a black/green and its cut off. Know what this connects to by anychance? Plus there seems to be another ground wire (with an O connector) and I have no idea where that goes. Its as long as the black/green wire.
              I'd have to see what it looks like to know, the colors got changed every year and are kinda unreliable so I'd have to see it to know. If your referring to the ones that you posted in the picture, those are the ones I was saying where they go. Other than that, sorry can't help w/o seeing them and where they are in the harness.

Comment

I'll snap some pictures for you. I'll also list the wire colors for the connectors and if you could help me eliminate them that would be great! lol... I'm having trouble with the etm because they list them as different colors... and the harness if from a 95' m3 yet when I look at the etm for a 95' m3 the colors are still different! So I'll get them up and I'll snap some pictures and I'll see if you could help me... Lol. You're the only active person watching and helping me other than Matt. Thanks btw.

Comment

I'll snap some pictures for you. I'll also list the wire colors for the connectors and if you could help me eliminate them that would be great! lol... I'm having trouble with the etm because they list them as different colors... and the harness if from a 95' m3 yet when I look at the etm for a 95' m3 the colors are still different! So I'll get them up and I'll snap some pictures and I'll see if you could help me... Lol. You're the only active person watching and helping me other than Matt. Thanks btw.
                  No worries. Joe Funk and a few friends who have e36s helped me so just passin on the knowledge. That would be great if you could snap those, would help a ton. We had the best luck looking at the ETM's for that exact model, while their not identical, their the closest and only some of the colors are off. I'll pm you my msn messenger so if you've got that you can message me anytime, I'm usually in class or near or on my computer so you can message me any time.

Brendan

Comment

Okay, since I have to go to some Bar/lounge I didn't have time to upload the pictures of the wires that I didn't know what were. But here's the wiring colors for each that I can't seem to find in the etm manual. After each comma is a complete wire.

1 - white/green, red/white, white/yellow
                    2 - clear, black, yellow
                    3 - red/white, green
                    4 - brown, brown/yellow
                    5 - black/green
                    6 - brown, gray
                    7 - blue/yellow, green/white
                    8 - brown, red/white

-Jasper

Comment

Okay, since I have to go to some Bar/lounge I didn't have time to upload the pictures of the wires that I didn't know what were. But here's the wiring colors for each that I can't seem to find in the etm manual. After each comma is a complete wire.

2 - clear, black, yellow
                      3 - red/white, green
                      4 - brown, brown/yellow
                      5 - black/green
                      6 - brown, gray
                      8 - brown, red/white

-Jasper
                      Ah, I see, its on the harness adapter your talking about w/ the wires you can't find. Lemme check mine for a 95 325i and see if I can find them.

Comment

2 - clear, black, yellow
                        3 - red/white, green
                        4 - brown, brown/yellow
                        5 - black/green
                        6 - brown, gray
                        8 - brown, red/white

-Jasper

when u done with the swap and everything is working well, pleeeez post in detail the complete swap, mostly the wiring,brakes and mountings.......

Comment

Yea dude. I will. I'll go into every detail I went through. I think based on this swap, it should cover a complete obd2 - obd1 conversion with also a complete "what I did."

Comment

Yea dude. I will. I'll go into every detail I went through. I think based on this swap, it should cover a complete obd2 - obd1 conversion with also a complete "what I did."

do me a favour please dude, i posted some pics of the motor i gonna use, check it out and give me any info u can on what spec motor it is, any info please

Comment

Edit: just checked the wikipedia, and here it goes:
                              6- IAT sensor
                              1- ICV
                              8- evaporative emissions
                              5- oil pressure sensor
                              4- (I think you missed a color and the brown wire is actually brown violet) and is the rear coolant temp sensor
                              3- (I think you missed a color and the green is actually grn/ blue) and therefore is vanos solenoid

not sure on the other 2...
                              Last edited by 318isbmw; 11-30-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Damn man, this is coming along nicely. That remote reservoir is pimp, good job on that. Keep it up, this is gonna be sick when it's finished. I wish I had the time or the money for a cool project like this.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                                X