Raceland eBay headers??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    /\ The ss reps have problems too. I had to mod the front subframe so it would stop rubbing and wouldnt rattle anymore.
    Really? I made sure the heat shield was flattened before I put them on. Next I ran a 3/16th inch washer on the passenger side for sub-frame clearance. No issues after that, it's close but enough. :-|

    OP can't wait to hear it!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    I didnt have any whats so ever but I think I might if I get bigger ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied
    Did you have any problems with the swaybar?

    Right now I have neither swaybar mounted to the car. Thank god for the stiff coilovers otherwise it would be hilarious.

    I was only running the front though anyway. Removing the rear helped traction quite a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    /\ The ss reps have problems too. I had to mod the front subframe so it would stop rubbing and wouldnt rattle anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied
    I got mine on the car. Fitment issues were as follows - the bolt holes on the flanges were misaligned. I made two cuts, seperating it into three pieces between each runner. I was able to get it on then. Most of the studs had to be removed, then reinstalled to get it on there.

    The front header, the longer of the two, nearly touches the engine mount and subframe. Very little clearance - it rattles a bit sometimes. Should be easy to fix, just going to grind down the engine mount arm and the subframe a little.

    I have treehouse eyeball arms, and you'll need them too if you want to run them. It touches it too - I'll have to shave it down a little and squeeze the piping there a bit perhaps.

    You won't clear the front swaybar. I'm going to make some kind of adapter to mount it to the chassis. A big spacer of some kind or something. Not a bit deal.

    I had them attached to dual 2.5" piping and a UUC System U. Basically, a full dual 60mm setup. No H or X pipe, I'll be adding one later possibly. It was put on hold due to time constraints.

    Power wise- I did a pull with my friend Alex before and after. He has am S15 Silvia pushing 270whp and 280 ft/lbs at the wheels, with some decent weight reduction (CF hood and trunk mainly) Before the exhaust and headers, he would put two lengths on my. After we were pretty much dead even. I pulled a little bit in lower gears but it evened out due to traction issues.

    Earlier that weekend he did a run with a friend's K20 / K24 Civic hatch. It was putting down 240whp, and they were dead even from a roll. I'm a bit heavier than him. I REALLY want to get this sucker dyno'd.


    Also it sounds amazing. Sound clips coming soon. I left my camera in my friends car :(
    Last edited by Mr Two; 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mako18
    I can see some areas of concern also. I have a set of the regular ebay headers, if your interested I might part with them.
    Pics? The SS reps?

    Leave a comment:


  • mscott
    replied
    Yes please do.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Post up the pictures guys. I want to see the areas of concern.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mako18
    replied
    I can see some areas of concern also. I have a set of the regular ebay headers, if your interested I might part with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied
    I got mine. They look purdy. I have a few areas of concern though - I'm gonna go take some pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • AL GReeNeRy
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Yeah, but that "No returns" notice on their page kind of worries me...
    yea but have you ever tried returning something on ebay? often, those cheapo ebay stores give you a hard enough time.. if i get somethin messed up on ebay i usually just take it as a loss or sell it on craigslist ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    ^Didn't notice that, good find.

    Those of you who have said you are going to get these and install them, what is your time table looking like? The exhaust components will probably be the last thing I buy, so hopefully that will give you guys some time to try a set.

    Also be sure and let us know the details of the rest of your setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Yeah, but that "No returns" notice on their page kind of worries me...

    Leave a comment:


  • scott_is
    replied
    Originally posted by AL GReeNeRy
    hope those fit *crosses fingers* those look wayyyyyy better than the cheap supersprint reps i ordered and for damn near the same price shipped!

    Exactly what I was going to say/post

    Scott

    Leave a comment:


  • AL GReeNeRy
    replied
    hope those fit *crosses fingers* those look wayyyyyy better than the cheap supersprint reps i ordered and for damn near the same price shipped!

    Leave a comment:

Working...