Raceland eBay headers??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MIKe30
    replied
    wish there was a clear, obvious, header of choice for best overall performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Ok, I drank the Kool Aid at the picnic and have now ordered a set of the Mark 1, Mod 0 standard ebay headers. The ones that I saw at the picnic didn't seem to have any fitment issues and looked nice. I actually want the smaller tube size as compared to the Raceland because the M54 is proving to be more of a low end torque monster than screaming, high-rpm banshee and I'd like to keep it that way.



    Is anyone using V-band clamps at the end of the header? How should I plan on mating it to my OBD2 center section?

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    SO what you guys are saying is I have larger diameter piping? If so, sweet I am going to need the best flow to reach my goals...
    Last edited by rneedham1979; 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Really? Others have said these were the same ones they were using.

    Originally posted by mazur
    Wow, those are huge!

    Mine definately do not have that large of diameter. Looks like a the Supersprint replica for the euro motors perhaps.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    '

    I doubt it. I have the same ones, the picture just makes them look different. I believe that all those style headers are the same, except of course for the Racelands or the shorties.

    Nah, definately bigger. My friend Wade has a set of sized headers similar to those and they are definately bigger by about a 1/4''. This later explained why he had fitment issues while I had none.

    Check it out. My pipes also don't expand out onto the head flange. My pipes were pressed/fitted into the head flange before welding

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    Wow, those are huge!

    Mine definately do not have that large of diameter. Looks like a the Supersprint replica for the euro motors perhaps.
    '

    I doubt it. I have the same ones, the picture just makes them look different. I believe that all those style headers are the same, except of course for the Racelands or the shorties.

    Leave a comment:


  • Skafrog
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Two
    Calypso right? Same color. I'll be painting the car satin black in all likelyhood this summer though. Right now the fenders, hood, and trunk are stripped to bare metal and clearcoated, since one fender had to be replaced and the paint was shot anyway. Looks nice and ratty.
    That is a picture of your car. Look closely.

    Leave a comment:


  • Skafrog
    replied
    You guys do realize that as you set the car on the ground, the swaybar pivots downwards, giving you enough clearance? My swaybar hits the headers when the car is lifted, but once it's on the ground, I have more than enough clearance. I have the raceland headers before anyone asks.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    I just bought this header... Hopefully my it can be installed with out issues...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270392076676
    Wow, those are huge!

    Mine definately do not have that large of diameter. Looks like a the Supersprint replica for the euro motors perhaps.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by BMW_TUNER
    The four piece setup is going in soon so I will post pics when it does. The collector occours just a few inches earlier in these than the other units but the design may make them easier to clear.
    That's what I was thinking.

    Can you measure the tubing diameters before you install, I.D. would be great on the primary and collector tube.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    The four piece setup is going in soon so I will post pics when it does. The collector occours just a few inches earlier in these than the other units but the design may make them easier to clear.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by MDryVur
    I think people avoid them becaue they're a complete PITA to install, due to the tubes blocking the manifold nuts and they don't seem to produce power like the long tubes.

    On the plus side, they look nice and probably wouldn't have some of the clearnace issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • MDryVur
    replied
    any one have this set up
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    On the Raceland headers, does it help that they have a flange where the SS replicas don't?

    Those with SS replicas, are you adding a V clamp?

    Anyone run these 2-piece headers?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hoveringuy; 06-04-2009, 11:49 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    sweet, thanks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...