I have no personal experience with this, but the consensus on bf.c was that header wrap would be bad for two reasons: speeding up corrsosion and trapping heat inside the header (versus coating in/out to also keep heat out of the material.) People were worried that due to the quality and how thin the Ebay headers were, they would be more prone to cracking.
Best bet is to find someone who's done it without having failure.
Raceland eBay headers??
Collapse
X
-
-
-
-
-
e30 polak, can you link the headers your running?
please and thanks :)Leave a comment:
-
-
Header Wrap/Exhaust Wrap
Find DEI Short Roll Exhaust and Header Wrap and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $109 at Summit Racing! Design Engineering's short roll exhaust and header wrap is designed to keep heat in the exhaust and evacuate it out of the engine compartment. Wrapping your headers reduces underhood temperatures by up to 50 percent while providing additional horsepower, engine protection and passenger comfort. These header wraps use a hi-temp fiberglass composite material with a proprietary coating to enhance heat retention and expand durability.
You can find it everywhere.
-CamLeave a comment:
-
I was going to run header wrap but my buddy told me about his buddy that does the coating, i may do it on top of the coating though. I like header wrap and I have had good luck with it in the past.
My other buddy is doing my exhaust currently... Hopefully it will be done this week.Leave a comment:
-
I'm getting so confused as to what everyone is running, we(I) need to make a list of who's running what and what they had to do to make it fit.Leave a comment:
-




Leave a comment: