Raceland eBay headers??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    I just bought this header... Hopefully my it can be installed with out issues...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270392076676
    That's what most of us run. just space the motor in between the passenger side motor mount and engine arm, with a 3/16th spacer/washer of some kind. And make sure to completely flatten the body-side heat shield on the engine side of the glove box to make sure that it doesn't rub/hold against the second header.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    I just bought this header... Hopefully my it can be installed with out issues...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270392076676

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by BMW_TUNER
    Has anyone tried these headers
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

    or these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racel...Q5fAccessories

    It seems like the lower ones wouldbe easier to modify due to the two peice design. As far as the uppers go I am just curious if anyone thinks they will fit.
    I think the shorty headers are a drop-in replacement for the stock header, but I've heard that they don't do much.

    "long tube or go home" seems to be the mantra...

    besides the change in exhaust tone (or drone) I'd like to see some numbers on what they've done, dyno wise.

    If I'm gonna go through the ass-pain I want to know it's worth it!

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Has anyone tried these headers
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

    or these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racel...Q5fAccessories

    It seems like the lower ones wouldbe easier to modify due to the two peice design. As far as the uppers go I am just curious if anyone thinks they will fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Hmmm, the new UUC stuff does end up pushing the sway bar down a bit, how thick is that spacer?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied
    Can you post a more detailed pic showing what you did with the "tab" end of the plate?

    Leave a comment:


  • surebimmer
    replied
    Here are the pictures of the spacer that my dad made with his buddy's mill.


    And the clearance that this spacer made. Before this spacer sway bar hit the header.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    I've been reading this thread with interest and since I love bloodied knuckles and weld slag burning through my shirt I'm thinking that long tube headers might be my cup of tea.

    This would replace OBD2 manifolds--->OBD2 mid section on my M54.

    I've had to do all of the previously mentioned massaging on my mid pipe to make it clear the e30 obstacle course to the headers. I'm really game to do it again. NOT!

    So, how restrictive are the OBD2 headers compared to the long tube headers? If I'm going to do this I'd like to get a better idea of before/after power. Anybody have dyno data to support your butt data?

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Two
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJLg4vZRmc

    Weee! I can barely pull on e92 M3s now :)
    Sounds good!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Two
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJLg4vZRmc

    Weee! I can barely pull on e92 M3s now :)
    That thing sounds great! It pulls really nice too! :D

    Scarlet's fat ass needs to lose some weight...

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied


    Weee! I can barely pull on e92 M3s now :)

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffRR
    replied
    Hope it helps.

    I forgot to mention this before, but I did take down some of the mounting arm where is was contacting the header tube.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Thanks for posting up those pictures, I appreciate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffRR
    replied
    SS rep pics.

    I couldn't get a good shot of the clearance to the subframe, but these should give you an idea of the other tight areas.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    I guess I'll go with SS reps, went by and looked at the motor at lunch, seems as though I only have the front header and the reps are cheap.

    Just drop it off at the exhaust shop when it's done and tell them to make it work.

    Leave a comment:

Working...