Raceland eBay headers??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rneedham1979
    replied
    My buddy has a contact for ceramic coating. I am going to have the headers coated inside and out. 2000*F is black...got it.

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    Are the super sprint reps ceramic coated? I am considering having the header jet hot coated inside and out. Any comments?
    No they aren't coated.

    If you get the inside out coating, and you plan on going to the track, make sure to get the stuff that handles 2000*F (should be black), and also DO NOT get Jet-Hot. Heard too many stories of their crap fading in short order.

    I used High Performance Coatings (HPC) and it has held up great!

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Are the super sprint reps ceramic coated? I am considering having the header jet hot coated inside and out. Any comments?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by hoveringuy
    I'm sure they'll stay together, I'm just wondering how tinny and raspy they'll sound being as thin as they are. The BMW stuff is heavy, but it sounds solid, too!
    Pretty tinny and raspy. If you have a magnaflow/supersprint exhaust it will be even worse.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    I have had mine for two years and have many track miles on them and have had no issue. Though, I'm not sure if the complete ceramic coating of them have helped them stay together.
    I'm sure they'll stay together, I'm just wondering how tinny and raspy they'll sound being as thin as they are. The BMW stuff is heavy, but it sounds solid, too!

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by hoveringuy
    Workmanship is standard for the genre. I'm actually concerned that they are made of such thing gauge material. My OBD2 headers sound great, I'm afraid to mess with a good thing!
    I have had mine for two years and have many track miles on them and have had no issue. Though, I'm not sure if the complete ceramic coating of them have helped them stay together.

    Originally posted by travis816
    whats the link to these super sprint knock offs?
    go to Ebay and type in E36 HEADERS. You will surely find them :)

    Leave a comment:


  • travis816
    replied
    whats the link to these super sprint knock offs?

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Well, I got my ebay headers in the mail today. I thougt there was a mistake because the box was so light, but there was a set of headers.

    Workmanship is standard for the genre. I'm actually concerned that they are made of such thing gauge material. My OBD2 headers sound great, I'm afraid to mess with a good thing!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    The super sprint replica headers, y pipe, 3" metallic cat' 3" mandrel bent exhaust and muffler is being installed next week.
    You need to post vids as soon as you get it done! I wanna hear that blower! :hitler:

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKe30
    what did you mean by, especially the last part - "Check it out. My pipes also don't expand out onto the head flange. My pipes were pressed/fitted into the head flange before welding"

    Look at the other pics. The pipe flare out to the shape of the port, or should I say larger than the port?

    My pipes are fitted inside the ports in the flange. Neither method is that great from these Asian fabricators, it was just a difference I have seen between the headers most people buy and mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    The super sprint replica headers, y pipe, 3" metallic cat' 3" mandrel bent exhaust and muffler is being installed next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • MIKe30
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    I just noticed that the headers I have are known as JVT headers on Ebay. Definately more expensive, but at the time I bought mine, these were the only ones available.

    Fitment is great. They were on when I threw the engine in the car and I just took my headers out yesterday quite painlessly. No mods done to the headers except cutting off that reducing diameter at the end.
    ah thanks, i was looking at those JVT ones yesterday. Happy with your headers? Think i'll go back and re-read your posts ;)


    edit: what did you mean by, especially the last part - "Check it out. My pipes also don't expand out onto the head flange. My pipes were pressed/fitted into the head flange before welding"
    Last edited by MIKe30; 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    I just noticed that the headers I have are known as JVT headers on Ebay. Definately more expensive, but at the time I bought mine, these were the only ones available.

    Fitment is great. They were on when I threw the engine in the car and I just took my headers out yesterday quite painlessly. No mods done to the headers except cutting off that reducing diameter at the end.
    I'd be shocked if they weren't all built by the same kid in Taiwan. I'll have mine in a week, I'll let y'all know...

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    I just noticed that the headers I have are known as JVT headers on Ebay. Definately more expensive, but at the time I bought mine, these were the only ones available.

    Fitment is great. They were on when I threw the engine in the car and I just took my headers out yesterday quite painlessly. No mods done to the headers except cutting off that reducing diameter at the end.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Honestly the Ebay header quality look like the typical US Chevy/ford/dodge header you can buy from numerous venders. The long tube super sprint reps look like a very nice piece and they are way cheaper than the real deal. There i no doubt in my mind you will see a power increase with either the long tube or the shorty header on an S50 or M50 over the stock manifolds. it may not be huge or drastic but you gain something. My car makes 400whp through the stock manifold... I am confident I have a good 10-15whp being choked by the stock manifolds, I look forward to the before and after dyno.

    Ryan

    Leave a comment:

Working...