Raceland eBay headers??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is
    E30Polak, I think I am gonna mimic your setup, I saw your video and I love the sound.
    Word. I love it! I've been through 4 other variations, and this one is by far the best! :-D

    Leave a comment:


  • Spaz
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    You are looking at "increased power" from the coating alone. That is not why i am coating them. I am coating them to reduce under hood temperatures.

    Either way, very small increase in power or under hood temperatures, for 150 bucks, it is worth it to me, especially since the headers were only 115 bucks. I am still into coated headers for less than 300 bucks....

    Ryan

    Why not use header wrap?

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    You are looking at "increased power" from the coating alone. That is not why i am coating them. I am coating them to reduce under hood temperatures.

    Either way, very small increase in power or under hood temperatures, for 150 bucks, it is worth it to me, especially since the headers were only 115 bucks. I am still into coated headers for less than 300 bucks....

    Ryan

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    I was being a smartass.

    Do you have dyno numbers or done CFD analysis to see if there is a HP or airflow increase? No? EAD.

    I know there IS a benefit, I'm just saying it's VERY, VERY small.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Have you see these headers in person? What makes these cheap knockoff headers a worse candidate than 1200 super sprint headers?

    I am coating my headers, I could careless what you choose to do with yours.

    Could you please explain the mathematical equation you used to derive your .02% increase in efficiency?


    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Yes, a .02% increase in efficieny is worth doubling the cost of cheap knockoff headers.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Yes, a .02% increase in efficieny is worth doubling the cost of cheap knockoff headers.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Apparently you missed it.... How is it not worth it?

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    The header quality has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the coating. Since I am running an FI set up any decrease in under hood temperatures are good. A coating on any header should reduce under hood temps at least 20*. I can get the header, Y pipe and exhaust up to the cat ceramic coated for 150 bucks. Well worth it in my opinion.

    In addition to under hood temperatures, the coating should help increase cylinder scavenging which helps build power and reduce combustion chamber temperatures, again beneficial in an FI application.
    I know what coating the headers is good for. I was talking about ROI.

    $150-200 extra spend on $200 headers doesn't seem worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    E30Polak, I think I am gonna mimic your setup, I saw your video and I love the sound.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by rneedham1979
    I thought everyone said not to get them?
    He will soon find out why. Notching the subframe, and relocating the sway bar, is not worth the effort for headers.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    I thought everyone said not to get them?

    Leave a comment:


  • HellzMindPlaya
    replied
    I just ordered the four piece Raceland ones, sounds like they fit nicely, I guess I shall see. They only cost $50 more than the 2 piece ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    Hopefully I will have pics thjis weekend....

    Leave a comment:


  • rneedham1979
    replied
    The header quality has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the coating. Since I am running an FI set up any decrease in under hood temperatures are good. A coating on any header should reduce under hood temps at least 20*. I can get the header, Y pipe and exhaust up to the cat ceramic coated for 150 bucks. Well worth it in my opinion.

    In addition to under hood temperatures, the coating should help increase cylinder scavenging which helps build power and reduce combustion chamber temperatures, again beneficial in an FI application.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Is coating one of these cheap knock-off headers even worth it?

    Leave a comment:

Working...