Harness Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harness Cover

I have a 1988 325i with an M50 swap and am lusting for one of the harness covers that I see displayed by some members. Where do you get one of the big plastic covers that attaches to the firewall that is big enough to get the harness in it?

The harness cover is from an M42 powered 318i/is. The piece for the battery tray comes from an M3.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The covers are from an e30 318is and/or m3.

Here is the parts you are looking for, #21, 22 and 23 (51711380392, 51711380391 and 51711380390)

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_0767

Yes, everything fits in there, but I would suggest pulling the little "vacuum caps" off the junctions and shortening the wires to suit, or it's a bit stuffy in the covers. If you are really patient, you can even get the round diagnostic connector to fit in the e30 318is location.

Just finished another one a couple weeks or so ago (OBD2 s52's, but same gist)... https://www.instagram.com/p/B3GlwVng3KR/
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

This is perfect timing...I started with a 318is, but need the corner piece...

1991 318is
        2004 330ci
        2011 335d

Comment

^^^the c101 actually uses the same bracket as the m20 and will fit behind the cover. The round extension on the driver side is actually for the round diagnostic connector. The three relays also have a slot for them just a little towards the passenger side from the c101 mount. The m42 and s14 cars have it set up this way, and started copying it with the 24v swaps, just gotta shorten some wires for it all to work.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Thought I had a pic somewhere...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190823_150926_2.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	9878537
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Thanks for all the help here. I now have a proper cover (compliments of Zionsville Autosport). All I need to do now is install it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                This is perfect timing...I started with a 318is, but need the corner piece...

What motor mounts do you have? I had to cut a decent amount off my cover to fit. The intake manifold was hitting, but yours obviously fit fine

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

What motor mounts do you have? I had to cut a decent amount off my cover to fit. The intake manifold was hitting, but yours obviously fit fine
                  Condor, motor and trans

Condor Speed Shop has designed the ultimate engine swap mount for the BMW E30. Our S5x/M5x Swap Engine Mount Set makes 24v engine swaps in your BMW E30 a breeze.
                  1991 318is
                  2004 330ci
                  2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                    Interesting, I wonder if the condor motor mounts sit lower than my AKG

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

Interesting, I wonder if the condor motor mounts sit lower than my AKG
                      Possibly, but not sure myself. Here is a pick from when the motor was pulled with subframe attached
                      1991 318is
                      2004 330ci
                      2011 335d

Comment

Working...
                      X